Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which first team regular would you be happy to see replaced.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
it is very tough to say but my guess is a centre half for adam,(excellent back up) a creative midfielder for dicker (excellent back up) another creative mid/wide in the case of elliots departure, plus lua lua and two possibly three strikers if muzza goes. that is one helluva shopping list but shoud see us there or thereabouts, not forgetting fullback cover. in a ideal world all of todays players would get a shot but it will not happen, i just hope that some of them will be happy to sit on the bench and fight for it.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Let's not forget we played two championship teams in the cup & won both times.
As much as I want us to do well I also want the players who play for the Albion next season
to understand what a struggle the club & supporters have had to endure to get a new stadium.
I would sooner get relegated with a team of players that understood what the new stadium meant
Than do well with a team of talented foreigners who have no understanding of what we have been through.

Thankfully we have moved on from the years when the majority of our fans were like you! We should not forget the dark years, but we should certainly look to become a big club again asap, and not live in the past.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Wood & Ankergren

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Thankfully we have moved on from the years when the majority of our fans were like you! We should not forget the dark years, but we should certainly look to become a big club again asap, and not live in the past.

I don't understand what you mean when you say become a big club again.

In over 100 years of football we have spent 3 seasons in the top division.We are a community club who rely on home grown
talent & that is how we will continue to build.

Next season our crowd capacity will probably be in the bottom half of teams in the championship.
Let's not run before we can walk.

Sep 1, 2010
We don't rely on home grown talent do we. I fail to see how you would prefer us to go down using the all foreigners Vs British players that was not even part of the question of the thread. Calderon is foreign and wears the Albion shirt with as much pride as anyone else this season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are you joking? Players earn their wages, not a right to play at a higher level. The only one who should be shown any sentiment is ElAbd, he is one of us. The others are just here doing their job, and would not hesitate to f*** off if they get a better offer.

It was not a joke. I was speaking from an idealistic view. I like how the team play. I like everyone of them. I'd like to see how we got on next season. I'm not for one minute suggesting that we shouldn't strengthen and that players would not move if a better offer came a calling, but I would like to see how they get on next season and they have earned the right to be in the division above, by being promoted.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We havent had a team approaching home grown talent since Wilkins took us to our last highest place of 7th in this division until Adams came and RAPED us with ***** like Hawkins and Virgo in goal.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We don't rely on home grown talent do we. I fail to see how you would prefer us to go down using the all foreigners Vs British players that was not even part of the question of the thread. Calderon is foreign and wears the Albion shirt with as much pride as anyone else this season.

I'm not saying foreigners vs Brits but what I am saying is let's not forget the players that got us where we are,players that understand what it's like playing at withdean,players that were prepared to roll their sleeves up & fight when we needed them to.
Players that saw the bigger picture & not their next pay packet.
Next season attracting players will be easy but will they have the clubs bests interests at heart.

Sep 1, 2010
We are not forgetting them, but we also need to add more quality or we will go down, the clubs best interest at heart has many different aspects as well. Players are just that. . . Players. Every player had a belief this season which won us promotion, but preferring to go down is nothing short of a bizarre statement.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Over the course of the season I think you can argue that every player has played their part.Over recent weeks in my opinion I
think Chris wood has looked very average,He is no good in the air he has no ball control & has no pace.
Or is that Glenn Murray is so good he makes wood look bad.
I think we need cover at fullback,I think we have been very lucky that painter never got injured or suspended this season.

If we can make a couple of decent signings with proven pedigree & add a bit of strength to our squad I think we can hold
Our own next season.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Marcos Painter. Too slow and awkward going forward

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I am sure we can make an argument to replace all the team.

Let's not forget next season we will be joined by 2 teams that finished below us this season plus the likes of Doncaster,Barnsley
Pompey,palace,Bristol city,coventry,if we can't compete with these teams then we may as well give up now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here