Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

which Albion game did you see......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
.....but really wish you hadn't?

For me, there's only one:

Brighton 1-5 Stoke Adam Rooney's hat-trick gave Stoke victory and ensured Brighton finished bottom of the Championship table.
Rooney opened the scoring by slotting home from a Dave Brammer corner, then met Josip Skoko's pass for his second.
Mamady Sidibe's drilled shot from a Rooney pass made it 3-0 and Sidibe returned the favour to allow Rooney to score his third goal from eight yards.
Substitute Peter Sweeney added a fifth before Doug Loft grabbed a late consolation for the Seagulls.

Brighton boss Mark McGhee:
"It was a painful defeat and hard to bear, but it was also an irrelevance. Our season ended with the defeat against Sheffield Wednesday. :mad:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Waaaaaay too many to mention. In recent memory it has to be either the Blackpool or Donny home games last season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I somehow think there may be a lot of posts mentioning the Palace game in Oct 2002:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doncaster fans United, the lowlight of a truely shit season

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I somehow think there may be a lot of posts mentioning the Palace game in Oct 2002:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sure thing, but that Stoke game had layer upon layer of rubbish things. Like:

- H Block being reduced to ironic cheering of 'Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!' and heckling the lino for failing to spot that a sixth goal was CLEARLY over the line

- Doug Loft coming on for the last twenty minutes, scoring with a daisy-cutter that a child of three would normally be expected to save and being awarded Man Of The Match

- Mark McGhee saying words to the effect that who cares it doesn't matter anyway (he should have been sacked for those comments alone)

- Most gutless display by an Albion side I've ever seen. OK, sometimes you just get overrun by a better side, but that was just pathetic.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sure thing, but that Stoke game had layer upon layer of rubbish things. Like:

- H Block being reduced to ironic cheering of 'Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!' and heckling the lino for failing to spot that a sixth goal was CLEARLY over the line

- Doug Loft coming on for the last twenty minutes, scoring with a daisy-cutter that a child of three would normally be expected to save and being awarded Man Of The Match

- Mark McGhee saying who cares it doesn't matter anyway (he should have been sacked for those comments alone)

- Most gutless display by an Albion side I've ever seen. OK, sometimes you just get overrun by a better side, but that was just pathetic.

We had a bit of graveyard humour in H block and were cheering the Stoke goals. It became tragically funny.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The Palace 5-0 is not going to get my vote as it was just absolutely wonderful to be playing them again. The fact that the result was a total humiliation was irrelevant.

The Stoke game has to be the one. Worst experience at an Albion game ever - though seeing the team run out at Luton (I hadn't heard the team news as I got there late) the same season must come close.

Superfreds Mullet

Where's Nogbad?
Mar 6, 2007
Walking on the Moon
Going back a bit further, we were certain to go through to the 4th round of the FA Cup in January 1975 as we were only playing lowly Leatherhead. I remember crying my eyes out in the South Stand as we lost 1-0 thanks to that bigheaded mouthy centre forward of theirs Chris Kelly a.k.a. The Leatherhead Lip!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If you were there you would know why, Plymouth 5-1 Albion:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here