Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

which Albion game did you see......

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Losing 4-0 at home to Walton and Hersham was a bit of a downer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What about reading away aswell 5-1. Terrible

Stoke away In midweek the Hinshlewood season. Lost to a late goal.

I could go on but wont.

It was freezing - the coldest I have ever been at a match. Not one of the players could be bothered apart from Tony Rougier who managed to hit the corner flag with his shot. Bobby knew he was leaving us and didn't try at all.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
It was freezing - the coldest I have ever been at a match. Not one of the players could be bothered apart from Tony Rougier who managed to hit the corner flag with his shot. Bobby knew he was leaving us and didn't try at all.

Yeah, and I was on the supporters coach and we missed the kick off!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
blackpool was plain embarassing

luton was a bit of a shocker as well. as was spending valentines day with andy rumble in norwich

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah, and I was on the supporters coach and we missed the kick off!

speaking of coaches arriving late - burnley away in 95/96 we turned up at half time, already 3-0 down. think nogan may have even scored

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
play off defeat to Notts County and a 5-0 defeat at Grimsby in the pissing rain, at some time in the mid 80s.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
2-4 Home defeat against Pompey.

What galled me was Terry Connor having a best buddy cuddle with Vince Hilarious.

1-2 Home defeat against S'oton. Why Fergusin up front and not Biley?

0-5 Away defeat to S'oton. Wet and les miserable.

0-3 Home defeat v West Brom. It snowed. The baggies were so negaitive and snatched three goals on the counter. Plus it was shortly after my mukm passed away.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Albion 0 Sheff W 4 September 1989

Yes I remember that one well. Took my wife to her first and last ever game of football. She didn't want to stand and therefore could only get seats in the south stand ( away section ) !!!!! Luckily a steward let us squeeze through as it was quite intimidating. Oh and the score was woeful !!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Most away trips have their moments, even if the football is shit.

The 6-1 defeat at Oldham, was miserable and cold, BUT Wilkins scored an absolutely belting free-kick.

The 5-1 defeat at Pompey was really bad, BUT we had been winning up til half-time, and if nothing else, the second half final convinced my idiot mate that Willie Young was shit.

2-0 at Yeovil last year was woeful, BUT we did get to watch Hiney being attacked by a killer moth, the size of an EAGLE, and JR embarrass hinself by breaking the goal at half-time.

The only game that I can honestly say I wish I hadn't gome to was around New Year this year. Home to [Carlisle?] we were 1-0 up from a Gatting header, and lost 2-1. We were massively shit, and even by Withdean's standards the weather was atrocious. It was freezing and belting down all game, and I genuinely was worried that my two little boys were going to get ill, but they refused to leave before the end. That one is number one shit match-day experience. [though there were a few other home games in teh same run, that ran it quite close!]

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
The only game that I can honestly say I wish I hadn't gome to was around New Year this year. Home to [Carlisle?] we were 1-0 up from a Gatting header, and lost 2-1. We were massively shit, and even by Withdean's standards the weather was atrocious. It was freezing and belting down all game, and I genuinely was worried that my two little boys were going to get ill, but they refused to leave before the end. That one is number one shit match-day experience. [though there were a few other home games in teh same run, that ran it quite close!]

Try being in the away end for that where the rain was horizontal into ye face!!! Think your transfer budget was down to ZERO when they gave us BINBAGS to try and keep dry!

Good RESULT mind:cool:

Losing to Sudbury Town in the FA Cup at the Goldstone 9 jesus wept we were garbage.

Just about any 'home game' at Pissfield

Kingstonian away in the FA Cup - absolute dsgrace iwas fuming when i came out

Darlington at home in 96 (Grim, I thoght that was THE END)

Last edited:

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea

Is that what happened?
I won hospitality in the Heroes and Winners draw draw for this match and we were suitably aneathistised (sp?) before kick off and took on further supplies at Half Time - plus we sat in the posh seats with a roof over our heads as opposed to our normal south stand position. Later that evening I remembered not completely enjoying the match but had forgotten the score. I do remember that the MotM presentation did not happen as DW would not let any of the players out of the changing rooms although Jakey did turn up later as his mum was waiting for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here