Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

which Albion game did you see......

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
also remember smashing my room to shit after we lost to Preston down here the first season we were back in Division One for a while 02/03

absolutely ROBBED at Tranmere last season, Hull City the season before was an absolute farce on and off the pitch , as mentioned Luton that season and the previous visit have been embarassing ....

christ, why the hell do we do it?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
God, there are some awful games there & sadly way too many in the last year or so.

Thankfully, being older & wiser(?) they don't effect me as much as they did in my younger days when i could sulk for days.

For those too young to remember, and it has been mentioned by some of the more senior posters here (nice to see Alex Dawson's fine features) I suppose you cant really beat losing 4-0 at home to Walton & Hersham in a FA cup replay then following it up by losing 8-2 at home to bristol rovers on the Saturday.... and Brian Clough was our manager!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Just about every home game last season

Is the correct answer!

Plus:

Leatherhead, W+H, Sudbury,too many to mention but losing 5-0 to Crippled Alice was the worst. That's probably why I look back on the 1-0 win with so much pleasure.

NEVER, even at Wembley or the play off final have I ever gone so mental at a Brighton game.

Our keeper of potential,and a B.Clough as "manager".

God, there are some awful games there & sadly way too many in the last year or so.

Thankfully, being older & wiser(?) they don't effect me as much as they did in my younger days when i could sulk for days.

For those too young to remember, and it has been mentioned by some of the more senior posters here (nice to see Alex Dawson's fine features) I suppose you cant really beat losing 4-0 at home to Walton & Hersham in a FA cup replay then following it up by losing 8-2 at home to bristol rovers on the Saturday.... and Brian Clough was our manager!

One for us oldies - was Brian Powney "A small keeper of potential" OR "A keeper of small potential"?
Seem to remember a nice goal from Sully in the Bristol Rovers game that was also covered by ITV's "The Big Match". However, overall it was easily worse than anything served up in recent seasons just for the sheer ineptitude of the team's performance. If the club could sell copies of the coverage in the shop then, in the words of the PM when I went to my first game (also Bristol Rovers), some would realise that "You've never had it so good".

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Despite it being december, i think we were the 1st team to score 2 against rovers at that stage of the season & the team did recover to get a credible 1-1 draw in the final game of the season at eastville, when rovers were promoted.

Always good tussles against Rovers. i remember them thrashing us 3-0 at home but also kit napier scoring a hat-trick in a 3-1 win. the rovers centre half, Larry Lloyd was bought by Liverpool just a few weeks later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here