Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the next win coming from?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seeing the half-time scores come in, I see Leeds are losing 1-0 since taking on a new manager. They lost 5 games in a row and Bates says they can't survivie in this division for another season, fires the guy and brings in Stuart Grayson who isn't winning yet, thus changing nothing.

So, if Micky Adams was fired and a new guy came in and we continued to lose, how long would he get?

So many people are upset with Micky because he took a 7th place team and turned them into relegation zoners.

This new guy will get the squad that, while having several of Micky's loan signings, also still has the bulk of the 7th place squad. If we expect Adams to continue Wilkins's success, shouldn't we expect anyone coming in and taking over DW's squad to reach similar heights?

If the new manager doesn't turn our fortunes around the way Sam Alladyce did, the way Harry Redknapp did, the way Joe Kinnear did, etc.,how long will he be given? Will we say Micky did too much damage and accept relegation with the new guy, or would we want him out and someone else in, just in case a third manager this season can get the job done?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Good managers are hard to find,one club sacks a manager another club signs the same manager,as clubs in the main soon find out to thier cost,the grass is rarely greener on the other side.

black night

Dec 25, 2006
well only a win today
and a win away to swindon
will do but. but dick will not sack him he will walk first
now 2-1 dick will not sack him

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

:bowdown:

alan_mullery.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Indeed, It's time I think. It's just like Mullery the 2nd time around

This is the point I raised when he came back.... you NEVER go back and have the same success at the same place twice.. ref. Howard Kendall, Everton amongst others...

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I have been an Adams supporter, but this has gone far enough.

What has he given the team that Wilkins didn't?

ADAMS OUT!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
For the first time in my life - I actually agree with Ernest - this just can't go on any longer - I'm just not confident Micky's going to turn this around.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've turned too. Enough is enough, there's not even the semblance of progress. I honestly don't think he knows how to put things right, after all, it's the same problems every week.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I've turned too. Enough is enough, there's not even the semblance of progress. I honestly don't think he knows how to put things right, after all, it's the same problems every week.

Aww c'mon Ken, don't make me sad.

We had loads of games in his first spell where we lost to last-minute goals (Rochdale and York spring to mind...)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I must sadly and reluctantly add my name to this thread. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for too long now. Others have spotted it sooner, but I clung to the belief that he would get it right eventually and turn things round for us this season. Well, it clearly ain't happening. I cannot justify supporting Adams any longer, his selections and tactics just baffle me, and its just going from bad to worse. Today, as I watched the clock tick down while the team scuffled and struggled against a pretty dire team, waiting for Adams to make a change to try to WIN the game, he did nothing. We had options on the bench, but leaving it till the last knockings was pathetic.

Sorry Mick, but whatever it was you had, you must have left it in Leicester or something. Time to do the decent thing.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Who do you blame more?

The man who sacked a manager who took us to 7th last year?
knight2_150x92.jpg

OR

The clown he appointed?
0,,10433~3661880,00.jpg

...for the sorry mess we now find ourselves in?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dick Knight for appointing Adams and sacking Wilkins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here