Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yep. He’s made 43 appearances since 2019. At no point (Newcastle away aside as a winger) have I ever thought he’d be a decent back up to Moises.
But there is a world of difference between ‘championship at best’ and being a back up Moises.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There is not a reality in which £100 million would be accepted on transfer deadline day. It would need to be double that so late in the window.

Chelsea's best strategy is to pay the £100 million early in the transfer window. Oh.
I wonder what has prevented them from paying the full asking price (apart from them probably not knowing what it is, and it costing them millions more)?
They obviously hold Caicedo in extremely high regard and think he is the one, but seem reluctant to cough up the extra required to secure him.

I'm guessing that the fact that Boehly's stake in the club is up for sale, could be a factor.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder what has prevented them from paying the full asking price (apart from them probably not knowing what it is, and it costing them millions more)?
They obviously hold Caicedo in extremely high regard and think he is the one, but seem reluctant to cough up the extra required to secure him.

I'm guessing that the fact that Boehly's stake in the club is up for sale, could be a factor.
Given what they have spent, even taking into account who they have offloaded could they be very close to failing FFP and over 100 million would do it?

I cannot think of any other reason why they don’t just pay what TB wants. Unless of course they are feeling humiliated at their over spend with Brighton over the last year.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They maybe still at the table but will they be served.
4FxvLO.gif

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Given what they have spent, even taking into account who they have offloaded could they be very close to failing FFP and over 100 million would do it?

I cannot think of any other reason why they don’t just pay what TB wants. Unless of course they are feeling humiliated at their over spend with Brighton over the last year.
That seems plausible, but I just don't have any real idea of how close they are to failing FFP.

Wouldn't it be ****ing tremendous if you were right though?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think if we were another random ‘big club’ around Europe, like Sporting or Ajax, they’d quite happily pay £100 million.

But because it’s Brighton, there’s no way we deserve that kind of money. How dare we ask for market value like they paid for Enzo Fernandez.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Can’t see a world in which the Kudus and (potential) Caicedo deal are linked.

Can’t be money as we are cash rich and already bid more for Colwill.

Can’t be positionally as they are COMPLETELY different players operating in a different part of the pitch.

Not saying Mosies won’t go, if Chelsea stump up £100 million then he will, but it won’t have anything to do with Kudus and we’d be using a chunk of that money to buy a replacement DM

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can’t see a world in which the Kudus and (potential) Caicedo deal are linked.

Can’t be money as we are cash rich and already bid more for Colwill.

Can’t be positionally as they are COMPLETELY different players operating in a different part of the pitch.

Not saying Mosies won’t go, if Chelsea stump up £100 million then he will, but it won’t have anything to do with Kudus and we’d be using a chunk of that money to buy a replacement DM
Can’t be positionally as they are COMPLETELY different players operating in a different part of the pitch

Trust me this statement is wrong. Ajax misused kudus. He's capable of playing as a defensive mid.

In addition as much as we hate fab rom he's usually right and he's pushing the story that we will buy kudus with the caicedo money (which I believe sadly)

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Can’t be positionally as they are COMPLETELY different players operating in a different part of the pitch

Trust me this statement is wrong. Ajax misused kudus. He's capable of playing as a defensive mid.

In addition as much as we hate fab rom he's usually right and he's pushing the story that we will buy kudus with the caicedo money (which I believe sadly)
Agreed to disagree there. Watched him a lot of both Ajax and Ghana and would be wasted deep

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here