Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why would we replace Caicedo with Kudos? They are very different roles they perform. Makes little sense.
No, i think it does make sense. It's not a direct replacement but we have others who can do that deep lying role. This adds quality to our midfield, which was looking a little light without Mac and Caicedo. With him in there alongside Dahoud and/or Gilmour its a lot stronger than it could have been.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
No, i think it does make sense. It's not a direct replacement but we have others who can do that deep lying role. This adds quality to our midfield, which was looking a little light without Mac and Caicedo. With him in there alongside Dahoud and/or Gilmour its a lot stronger than it could have been.
But it removed depth. We would need a direct replacement. We need more than just Dahoud and Gilmour to play the deeper roles. That leave zero rotation. It really doesn't pass the smell test. Or if it is true, there is something else going on.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
But it removed depth. We would need a direct replacement. We need more than just Dahoud and Gilmour to play the deeper roles. That leave zero rotation. It really doesn't pass the smell test. Or if it is true, there is something else going on.
Alzate also a candidate for the defensive pivot pairing but would like to think we’ll have another option lined up.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Alzate also a candidate for the defensive pivot pairing but would like to think we’ll have another option lined up.
I would expect we would get another player IF Caicedo leaves. I would be surprised if there is enough time though. Clubs won't be wanting to sell this close to the season starts. Neither will we.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Imagine that would kill a Caceido deal so can’t see it happening.
I'm starting to wonder what our deal with Caicedo was. Shirley there must have been something attractive enough to get him to sign? Maybe, give us one more season then we really won't stand in your way - maybe not as generous a giveaway as Mac Allister's, but something that would give him a good choice of clubs - not just Chelsea - to which he could make his megabucks move.
I live in hope.......................

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Imagine that would kill a Caceido deal so can’t see it happening.
....................but maybe he (or his agent) are thinking, "But while there's a chance ............................ let's hang on for a bit in case." It is, after all - and unlike every other rumour Fab Rom has ever posted - one where personal terms have not been agreed!

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
I would expect we would get another player IF Caicedo leaves. I would be surprised if there is enough time though. Clubs won't be wanting to sell this close to the season starts. Neither will we.
We managed it with Cucurrella and Pervis last season. If we think it might happen I’m sure the club have a plan if they think we need it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Where has this Ecuador fab assessment come from? Can't find anything backing that up beyond that tweet.
Never mind that, I won’t believe the Kudus story until we hear from the Ghanian Fabrizio Romano!

Do we think there’s a Fabrizio Romano in every country?! That would be NSC utopia!

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Time to take stock.

1. Brighton saw off Arsenal in the last transfer window.
2. Astrid is pissed off with Brighton.
3. Fab has been silenced by a flashier Ecuadorian Fab.
4. With the first game of the season a week away, Caicedo is still a Brighton player.
5. If he does go, we get 100 million. If he stays, we get Caicedo. And our direct rivals Chelsea don't get him. And it upsets Chelsea's plans.
6. Will Brighton see off Chelsea in this window?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We managed it with Cucurrella and Pervis last season. If we think it might happen I’m sure the club have a plan if they think we need it.
I think (and hope) it’s the Albanian midfielder from Inter, but my preference is for Caciedo to stay.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm starting to wonder what our deal with Caicedo was. Shirley there must have been something attractive enough to get him to sign? Maybe, give us one more season then we really won't stand in your way - maybe not as generous a giveaway as Mac Allister's, but something that would give him a good choice of clubs - not just Chelsea - to which he could make his megabucks move.
I live in hope.......................
I’ve said it a few times but really have a hunch it’ll be that we wouldn’t stand in his way of a move to a Champions League club. Just seems logical and fair for both sides.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Everything suggests Kudus the replacement . Can play dm but also flexible to mix it up . Mind blowing to think what we could do with both but it all points to kudus replacing caicedo

Takes the edge off kudus but on paper sounds promising

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If we get Kudus and still have Dahoud, Gilmour, Gross, Alzate, Lallana, Milner, the emerging Ayari and a wealth of players who can support the striker then I’m coming round to the idea that we’ll still have a decent midfield for the way RDZ plays. If we could add a more robust, natural defensive midfielder that’d be great but loads of rotation options. The Kudus deal in the offing feels like a precursor to Caicedo going. If not, the club is showing immense ambition and we could be incredible…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here