Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
We will find out today at 2pm as to whether Moises will be a Brighton player come the start of the PL season.

Involved today then I’d suggest he’s here until January at least, if the rumours are true and the deal is all but done with Chelsea then he will be nowhere near todays match day squad.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We will find out today at 2pm as to whether Moises will be a Brighton player come the start of the PL season.

Involved today then I’d suggest he’s here until January at least, if the rumours are true and the deal is all but done with Chelsea then he will be nowhere near todays match day squad.
I agree with you. It will be very telling.
If he plays it definitely suggests he’s stYing. Vice versa of course.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Everything suggests Kudus the replacement . Can play dm but also flexible to mix it up . Mind blowing to think what we could do with both but it all points to kudus replacing caicedo

Takes the edge off kudus but on paper sounds promising
When you say everything what do you mean? As far as I’m aware Kudus is a winger / no 10 and is someone we have been after a while and we have money from sales. How does that mean Moises is off (he may well be)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
True but Moises to alzate is a huge huge downgrade. Alzate has shown that he is championship standard at best so far.
Very harsh. Problem he has had is he was used in so many positions by Potter.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But it removed depth. We would need a direct replacement. We need more than just Dahoud and Gilmour to play the deeper roles. That leave zero rotation. It really doesn't pass the smell test. Or if it is true, there is something else going on.
Well it doesn't remove depth, if Mac + Caicedo out are replaced by Dahoud + Kudus in, with Alzate returning too. We all like to replace Caicedo with someone as good, but that's probably not possible, so i expect will do things a little differently. Anyway we played plenty of games without Caicedo in CM, had some great performances with Gross in there alongside Mac or Gilmour

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
True but Moises to alzate is a huge huge downgrade. Alzate has shown that he is championship standard at best so far.
Championship at best?
If that was the case he would be playing in that league and not have how ever many premier league appearances and have featured a fair bit in preseason with RDZ praising him

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Championship at best?
If that was the case he would be playing in that league and not have how ever many premier league appearances and have featured a fair bit in preseason with RDZ praising him
Yep. He’s made 43 appearances since 2019. At no point (Newcastle away aside as a winger) have I ever thought he’d be a decent back up to Moises.

What makes me laugh about all of these ‘updates’ is they try and make out Chelsea are still in control of the situation and in some way we may buckle to their valuation. Simply cannot cope with being bullied around by a ‘small club’.

For all the bluff and bollocks it’s simple Tony wants over £100m and until someone offers that he ain’t going nowhere
I know, it's actually very strange behaviour.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yep. He’s made 43 appearances since 2019. At no point (Newcastle away aside as a winger) have I ever thought he’d be a decent back up to Moises.
Who in the squad would be a decent back up to Moises?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I would be seriously pissed off if Chelsea signed caicedo and Adams. Adams would be a proper caicedo replacement for us. A genuinely decent player with solid DM stats in the epl. without the glitz and over hype of a player like kudus ;)
Do you think a Chelsea tactic is to sound out players we are interested in or to purchase players they believe could be Caicedo’s replacement. It seems counterintuitive but when we finally get the £100m offer a day before the window closes, perhaps they think offering us Adams on loan (to develop) would sweeten the deal?

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Do you think a Chelsea tactic is to sound our players we are interested in or to purchase players they believe could be Caicedo’s replacement. It seems counterintuitive but when we finally get the £100m offer a day before the window closes, perhaps they think offering us Adams on loan (to develop) would sweeten the deal?
I definitely think they are playing a game with us with some of these players they are targeting. They are a weird, bitter club.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Do you think a Chelsea tactic is to sound out players we are interested in or to purchase players they believe could be Caicedo’s replacement. It seems counterintuitive but when we finally get the £100m offer a day before the window closes, perhaps they think offering us Adams on loan (to develop) would sweeten the deal?
There is not a reality in which £100 million would be accepted on transfer deadline day. It would need to be double that so late in the window.

Chelsea's best strategy is to pay the £100 million early in the transfer window. Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here