Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Chelsea just have to pay what Tony wants.

It is irrelevant really to the outside world if that is £50 million or £150 million.

Make the deal acceptable to Tony and the deal gets done easily.

Simple. :shrug:
It really is that easy. Unfortunately there are lots of PL fans for whom only 6 or so teams exist*, and they will have done zero research on The Lizard.

*mostly these will either live overseas or be some OF bint with a clown’s pocket staring wistfully in the wrong direction

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Talksport now picking up some Chelsea Tw*tter tw*t's hopeful punt that Moises (or his agent) are asking Brighton to lower their price demands. The unsettling game has started.
I wouldn’t put anything past Moises’ agents. A pair of scumbags from all reports.

However, Moises himself is currently being very professional. Will he make himself unavailable for our August games from instructions by his agents? I just don’t think he’d do it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I fear however that they have nowhere like the same financial stability that we current have after selling over 250m worth of players over the last 2 seasons and this summer.
Yeah, I agree about that but it is Beaky's own mess. He can't have it both ways. There is some suggestion that Eze10 is stalling on a new deal because he doesn't want to be Dibleyed. Overvaluing players annoys them as much as trapping them into long deals and reneging on verbal agreements.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I hope Chelsea make a bid for Olise. You can see a mile off Beaky trying to be the big man and responding with 'he's yours for £110m plus Gallagher'. The Chelsea fans will will lose it big time.
Would love it too. No team should be doing Chelsea a favour. Sadly in that case Olise has a release clause

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No we haven't. The press has been very consistent in saying that's the price, but we don't set prices for players.
Yeah fair comment.

I assumed you were implying the price might be lower than £100m.

Naylor has stated we would see Rice's sale value as the benchmark, in the same way he said the club considered Cucurella to be a more valuable player than Ben White prior to his sale.

I believe Owen and Naylor have both stated that If Colwill is available, the negotiations could be easier.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Would love it too. No team should be doing Chelsea a favour. Sadly in that case Olise has a release clause
Reported on Talk Sport, that there is no release clause.
Several reports last May indicated the club were looking to remove it, but I didn't see any confirmation of him signing a new contract.
The true situation (as so often is the case) is confused.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
New reports his agents want Brighton to lower the transfer asking price. However Moises and them seemed happy to sign a contract extension and higher wages in January. Seems they all want it on their terms. I maybe wrong mind you

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, I agree about that but it is Beaky's own mess. He can't have it both ways. There is some suggestion that Eze10 is stalling on a new deal because he doesn't want to be Dibleyed. Overvaluing players annoys them as much as trapping them into long deals and reneging on verbal agreements.
New reports his agents want Brighton to lower the transfer asking price. However Moises and them seemed happy to sign a contract extension and higher wages in January. Seems they all want it on their terms. I maybe wrong mind you
Clearly learned absolutely nothing from their January dealings with TB if they think that idea will float. Colwill is the key to any price negotiations imo.

Could “release clause” Olise be our Moises replacement? How hilarious would that be?

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More since this morning (actually started on Tw*tter yesterday) - or is it just being re-hashed?

Last edited:

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
I can’t deal with any more Moises related social media. Big six (and particularly CFC) twitter is a horrific place to be.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Clearly learned absolutely nothing from their January dealings with TB if they think that idea will float. Colwill is the key to any price negotiations imo.
Apart from the money, I wonder if the club aren't also trying to look after a young player's welfare and long term prospects (and if they are I would hope they'll have conveyed this to Moises and his advisors). A move to Chelsea means he won't be in the European shop window he needs to be in for one more season (at least) - football-wise he is far better off playing in Europe with what is currently a better team, with team mates he knows and loves and who know and love him. Mega move incoming in 2024.............

In January of course, £70M wasn't enough to jeopardise our campaign in one of our most important seasons - but come the summer, circumstances change. I get the feeling that had a bid come in from a top club - one based in, say, Manchester or Liverpool, or even Spain (and in the CL) - somewhere around the amount offered by Arsenal or currently by Chelsea, business would have been completed quickly and efficiently, with good will, like the move of Mac to Liverpool.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just read this from a Leeds….sorry Chelsea fan on the Shed End;

‘But Caicedo wants to leave. Caicedo wants to join Chelsea FC.

There are not many examples of players being forced to stay at a club where it has worked out well for that club.

Anyone have a good example of this successful 'Modern Slavery'?

When Real Madrid first came for Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer of 2008, then-Fifa president Sepp Blatter famously said it was “modern slavery” for Manchester United to hold onto him. Ronaldo even said that summer that he agreed with Blatter (aka Tim Roth). Ronaldo did play one more season for United before moving on.’

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Just read this from a Leeds….sorry Chelsea fan on the Shed End;

‘But Caicedo wants to leave. Caicedo wants to join Chelsea FC.

There are not many examples of players being forced to stay at a club where it has worked out well for that club.

Anyone have a good example of this successful 'Modern Slavery'?

When Real Madrid first came for Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer of 2008, then-Fifa president Sepp Blatter famously said it was “modern slavery” for Manchester United to hold onto him. Ronaldo even said that summer that he agreed with Blatter (aka Tim Roth). Ronaldo did play one more season for United before moving on.’
Aahh Sepp...that paragon of virtue!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Moises and his team are meeting Tony allegedly, to plead with him to drop the price and a transfer request put in again, allegedly. Good luck with that 1!!🤣🤣
It's hilarious isn't how a multitude of bullshit theories gets circulated so that it gets constantly talked about. Chelsea and caceidos agents leading the charge. SM addicts with little else in their lives theorising about situations (if true), whilst ignoring how blatant the bullshit is. A transfer strategy as old as time itself, I wonder how many of these we'll get through before dinosaur clubs change their methods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here