Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bored teenagers with a twitter scrape tool. About as ITK as Ben’s Grandad
I think I preferred his 'Football Rumours' scrapes. At least we could dismiss it as crap straight away. 90% of the stuff from 'credible sources' is still just as crap but folk keep quoting it as fact.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I understand and agree, broadly speaking, but Chelsea won't always be a basket case.

Can totally understand a young player thinking they're the better bet long term, despite the fact they're a bang average mid table Premier League team and we're going on a European tour.

I'd love us to become a mainstay in the top 10, challenging for Europe every season. But we might not be. And Chelsea almost certainly will be.

Though wouldn't it be marvelous if they were the first of the traditional Big Six to lose their way and we take their spot. That'd be nice.
Moving to Chelsea is certainly a better long term bet than us, but at this moment in time, Chelsea is not the best career choice for a world-class player.

Chelsea won't always be a basket case, but the idea that they will retain a 3rd/4th best in the league is up for debate.

Newcastle's backing and the managerial improvements at United and Arsenal, currently puts them competing with Liverpool/Spurs for 5th best.
They are in the middle of a squad overhaul and have picked a manager who has never really achieved anything of note.

It has taken Arsenal 6 seasons to get back into the Champions League, in an arguably less competitive field.
Moises can't afford to be stuck at a club who may not play in the UCL until he nears the end of his contract.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Talksport now picking up some Chelsea Tw*tter tw*t's hopeful punt that Moises (or his agent) are asking Brighton to lower their price demands. The unsettling game has started.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Talksport now picking up some Chelsea Tw*tter tw*t's hopeful punt that Moises (or his agent) are asking Brighton to lower their price demands. The unsettling game has started.
Is it safe to assume that the agent has spoken to Chelsea first about possibly increasing their bid and received the cold shoulder?

I imagine a request to lower the asking price will receive similar response from us.

Deal off then?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
All
Part of the plan no doubt . Wouldn’t surprise me if Chelsea and the agent have timescales on when to make moves

Next steps is moises and agent making noises similar to jan . Bit more delay then £85m offer comes in and he’s gone .

Still sure he is off so the delay just unhelpful all round

Hope I’m wrong obvs

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No, that's the forst 'report' I've heard that (Chelsea hope) Caicedo and his team are making noises.

'According to reports' Moisés and his team have been making these noises about wanting the deal from the first day of the window. 'According to reports' :wink:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hope Chelsea make a bid for Olise. You can see a mile off Beaky trying to be the big man and responding with 'he's yours for £110m plus Gallagher'. The Chelsea fans will will lose it big time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I hope Chelsea make a bid for Olise. You can see a mile off Beaky trying to be the big man and responding with 'he's yours for £110m plus Gallagher'. The Chelsea fans will will lose it big time.
I genuinely hope that Palace are as resolute if that happens. Let Chelsea stew in the mess they made by spending 500m last season and still not having a coherent team.

I fear however that they have nowhere like the same financial stability that we current have after selling over 250m worth of players over the last 2 seasons and this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here