Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
As others have said it's like groundhog Day here every day. As much as we hate fab most of the time he's right. He has good contacts in the game.

It seems to have been clear from the beginning that the price is 80-85 plus add-ons so would imagine Chelsea need to go up at least another 10 in their base price.

100m is pie in the sky, unfortunately.
Only IF Brighton want to sell him. The European qualification has had to have made our exec team scratch their heads. If we’d finished on par or better than last season and scraped the conference, then Bon voyage MC. But now we’re top 6, have RDZ and are playing Europa League. Chelsea aren’t. That’s a set of facts that Caicedo, his advisors, FAB, Winstanley and the rest of the Twatterati need to deal with.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Guaranteed Colwill wants to stay at Chelsea, why do people think anything else? It'll be a loan at the very best and even that's doubtful. Forget Colwill, he certainly won't be any makeweight in a Caicedo deal
If Colwill wasn't open to a permanent move to BHA and had not agreed in-principle personal terms, then we wouldn't have bothered bidding 30m for him at the beginning of June.

Clubs aren't supposed to conduct trasnfer business this way, but that's how it's done.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Only IF Brighton want to sell him. The European qualification has had to have made our exec team scratch their heads. If we’d finished on par or better than last season and scraped the conference, then Bon voyage MC. But now we’re top 6, have RDZ and are playing Europa League. Chelsea aren’t. That’s a set of facts that Caicedo, his advisors, FAB, Winstanley and the rest of the Twatterati need to deal with.
Caicedo hasn't made waves about leaving yet. Things change when that happens. It happened a bit in Jan and judging on his agents past noises - it wont be long.

I agree with your points but I don't think any of them trump the main one = wages + profile

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Colwill wasn't open to a permanent move to BHA and had not agreed in-principle personal terms, then we wouldn't have bothered bidding 30m for him at the beginning of June.

Clubs aren't supposed to conduct trasnfer business this way, but that's how it's done.
Yup. There's no doubt Colwill has said 'yes' to us. But the noise also suggests he'll stay at Chelsea if he is guaranteed minutes. The key, I guess, is how many Poch can offer him and who else they sign over the next few weeks.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Caicedo hasn't made waves about leaving yet. Things change when that happens. It happened a bit in Jan and judging on his agents past noises - it wont be long.

I agree with your points but I don't think any of them trump the main one = wages + profile
Yep we just don't hold onto players who want to leave. Caciedo in Jan was the exception and only because it was January. We will reach an agreement with Chelsea by the end of this week I reckon.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Colwill is a very good young player, but 40m is a lot to pay for what is still potential. I think his talent and value has been somewhat inflated over the off season just because he's been the subject of a bid from BHA and speculation of potential swap deal.

Besides, if West Ham can get 100m for Rice, then I'd be dissapointed if the transfer value for Caicedo was less given that he's already as good, if not better, and 3 years younger.
I understand we've already offered £40M for Colwill - and been turned down flat, so I don't think he's that over-valued, not if our recruitment team have already considered it.

I agree with you that Caicedo is in the same bracket as Rice - but three factors:
1), the English tax;
2). more established in the PL - Moises has onlt done a season and a bit;
3). whether we like it or not, slightly tinted blue and white specs do make a little difference in our thinking!
Bearing those in mind, probably £90M for a straight sale wouldn't seem far off the mark.. To my mind, if a bit of horse trading is then needed to facilitate a two-way deal, then so be it.

Further, although we know there is no release clause in his contract, there is, we believe, some sort of agreement that we won't stand in his way if the right offer comes in - holding out for a price that no team will pay could well be seen as 'sanding in his way' by the player and his team; result - unhappy player. Not good.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I understand we've already offered £40M for Colwill - and been turned down flat, so I don't think he's that over-valued, not if our recruitment team have already considered it.

I agree with you that Caicedo is in the same bracket as Rice - but three factors:
1), the English tax;
2). more established in the PL - Moises has onlt done a season and a bit;
3). whether we like it or not, slightly tinted blue and white specs do make a little difference in our thinking!
Bearing those in mind, probably £90M for a straight sale wouldn't seem far off the mark.. To my mind, if a bit of horse trading is then needed to facilitate a two-way deal, then so be it.
We haven't offered 40m for Colwill; our one and only offer was 30m. Romano tweeted that we were 'preparing' to make a 40m offer soon, but this never materialised and was 4 weeks ago now so we can assume that this was just an uninformed guess from the so-called transfer guru.

Here's the tweet (obvioulsy don't go on the replies to remind him that he was wrong and upset his sensitive needy nature):

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We haven't offered 40m for Colwill; our one and only offer was 30m. Romano tweeted that we were 'preparing' to make a 40m offer soon, but this never materialised and was 4 weeks ago now so we can assume that this was just an uninformed guess from the so-called transfer guru.
Probably we were, but Chelsea were very firm in saying don't bother, we're not even going to consider it. So we didn't go ahead and actually put in a formal offer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How can £40M for Colwill be overvalued when we only sold Ben White for £50M ?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Yup. There's no doubt Colwill has said 'yes' to us. But the noise also suggests he'll stay at Chelsea if he is guaranteed minutes. The key, I guess, is how many Poch can offer him and who else they sign over the next few weeks.
I’d have thought depends on Colwill signing a contract extension there as well.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Wages yes. Profile? The way we’re playing we have every chance of going very deep into Europe and finishing above f***ing Chelsea.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ben White had played every game except one in the previous PL season and had been in England's Euro 21 finals squad. Colwill only featured in 17 games for us last year.
There isn’t a formula for player transfer value. How much a club want to buy and the other club want to sell, allied to contract length are pretty much all that matters.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Ben White had played every game except one in the previous PL season and had been in England's Euro 21 finals squad. Colwill only featured in 17 games for us last year.
But Colwill plays a position that is very hard to find quality in. A genuine left footed ball playing CB.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
But Colwill plays a position that is very hard to find quality in. A genuine left footed ball playing CB.
And Colwill is way ahead of White when White was his age. Plus Colwill can play in a back 2 at the top level which White can't.

White is a quality all round footballer and great to have around a team/squad because of his versatility but Colwill is already a better centre back than White and has a greater ceiling too.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
And Colwill is way ahead of White when White was his age. Plus Colwill can play in a back 2 at the top level which White can't.

White is a quality all round footballer and great to have around a team/squad because of his versatility but Colwill is already a better centre back than White and has a greater ceiling too.
No chance colwill is better yet. He was a bit part player for us last season and didn't have too many stand out performances.

As it stands , massively overrated.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
No chance colwill is better yet. He was a bit part player for us last season and didn't have too many stand out performances.

No, he's not.

Unfortunately for us, he has been outstanding in Euro U21s Championship. MOTM in the semi final.

"Levi Colwill (9/10):

Ensured England rarely lost composure as they came under pressure in the second half and increasingly dealt with more and more balls into the box. Carried the ball out of defence with the confidence of a seasoned professional."

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wages yes. Profile? The way we’re playing we have every chance of going very deep into Europe and finishing above f***ing Chelsea.
Agree, but it’s only wages that will matter in the end - if we were talking about a marginal amount then other factors might come in to play, but they’ll pay him 2-3x or more what we will.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Agree, but it’s only wages that will matter in the end - if we were talking about a marginal amount then other factors might come in to play, but they’ll pay him 2-3x or more what we will.
AND this is why the PL is ultimately a f***ing shitshow. #TeamslikeBrighton.

Please please f*** the ****s over completely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He was however the KING at rolling the ball under his foot. For that alone I’m in, get him signed up :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here