Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I was fully aware, thank you. The fact remains that his contract wasn't running out. Yes, we all know there was a release clause. We also know - as do the Liverpool fans - that they got one hell of a cut price bargain, so the price comparison is real and quite valid.
Bollocks you are completely ignoring the release mechanism, otherwise you would not be making this fallacious statement "the price comparison is real and quite valid"

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
have a Chelsea fan over on twitter saying that because we have agreed that Moises can leave this summer he therefore has permission to be speaking to other clubs. pretty sure that isn't the case, certainly not on an official level yet they are quoting premier league rules that would allow it.
that said, reading their quoted rules I'm not seeing explicit permission based on a gentleman's agreement for which the terms included are unclear

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No, he's not.

Unfortunately for us, he has been outstanding in Euro U21s Championship. MOTM in the semi final.

"Levi Colwill (9/10):

Ensured England rarely lost composure as they came under pressure in the second half and increasingly dealt with more and more balls into the box. Carried the ball out of defence with the confidence of a seasoned professional."
Are you Nostradamus? The semi-final is tomorrow...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, he's not.

Unfortunately for us, he has been outstanding in Euro U21s Championship. MOTM in the semi final.

"Levi Colwill (9/10):

Ensured England rarely lost composure as they came under pressure in the second half and increasingly dealt with more and more balls into the box. Carried the ball out of defence with the confidence of a seasoned professional."

Lots of promise no doubt, and a good player, but needs to work on defending, as often gets pulled out of position. The best place he can learn though is with us!

U21s? Come on, I would expect him to shine in that tournament.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bollocks you are completely ignoring the release mechanism, otherwise you would not be making this fallacious statement "the price comparison is real and quite valid"
I'm not ignoring it, or anything else at all. You,, however, seem to have completely missed the point!

Never mind .............................

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know it’s coming but I would like to get on with it

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I doubt there is a deal to be done now. I reckon "not for sale" means sillier money than Tony will spend.

We gave it a good go, but I suspect we move on very soon.
They’ve not even bid yet. Very unlike Chelsea to walk away without even attempting to buy the player.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They’ve not even bid yet. Very unlike Chelsea to walk away without even attempting to buy the player.
Yeah, but I'm talking about us doing a deal for Colwill. I think we've tried hard but the money ( offset in any deal for Caicedo ) is too silly for Tony.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Was reported that they bid at the start of June. Still think this ends up getting done somewhere around £85m with add ons.

Attachments

• IMG_2651.jpeg
    IMG_2651.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 76

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Was reported that they bid at the start of June. Still think this ends up getting done somewhere around £85m with add ons.
Also reported that they bid 70 in the last week.

80-85 plus add ons should so do it and they're getting closer to that.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Also reported that they bid 70 in the last week.

80-85 plus add ons should so do it and they're getting closer to that.
Yeah I would say a total package of 90m should do it. But I was one of the Alexis is 70m drum bangers.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Chelsea want Moises, we want Levi; there’s a deal to be done here.

Yeah, but I'm talking about us doing a deal for Colwill. I think we've tried hard but the money ( offset in any deal for Caicedo ) is too silly for Tony.
I think you're right. We've bid 30m, and that seems to be our final bid. The fans may have fallen in love with Levi (and I think we have gone a bit OTT given that he wouldn't even feature in most fans' top 3 players for 22-23), but the recruitment team will be more pragmatic and see that the money that Chelsea would want for Colwill - either as a direct payment or discounted on Caicedo - could be used more effectively to recruit 2-3 other players in our database of dreams.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Exactly! Let's just get it done and move on (for the right price of course)🙂

There's part of me that thinks this, but the right price obviously hasn't been bid or this would be done already. As each day and week go by, I cling to the hope that the date TB pulls the hatches down and says serious preparations have begun for 23-24, you can have another go in January, is creeping slowly but inextricably closer.

Cue announcement :facepalm:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
There's part of me that thinks this, but the right price obviously hasn't been bid or this would be done already. As each day and week go by, I cling to the hope that the date TB pulls the hatches down and says serious preparations have begun for 23-24, you can have another go in January, is creeping slowly but inextricably closer.

Cue announcement :facepalm:
think they want this sorted before the US tour which is in less than two weeks I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here