Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm thinking that the longer this goes on the more likely he is to stay, as the closer it gets to the start of the seasonthe more disruptive it becomes to have to replace him.

Caicedo himself can't be that unhappy. I don't know what was in the terms of the new contract he signed in March, but seeing as it has no release clause and was until 2027 and with a 1 year option - so effectively 2028 - I can only imagine that it was for a shed load of cash and probably smashed the previous highest salary.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay could be used in a cash-plus-player deal to land Moises Caicedo.

Brighton have shown an interest in McTominay, prompting discussions of a potential Old Trafford switch for Caicedo, in a deal which sees the Scotland international move in the opposite direction. Caicedo has been linked with a summer move away from the south coast, with Chelsea thought to be leading the race for the £80m-rated star.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Chelsea offer £75M, the other £10M total transfer value of Moisés Caicedo offer to be paid in agreed installments… talks are at that point, how and when to collect total transfer value of £85M"

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
"Chelsea offer £75M, the other £10M total transfer value of Moisés Caicedo offer to be paid in agreed installments… talks are at that point, how and when to collect total transfer value of £85M"

£85m with £75m upfront to use for squad strengthening including a defensive midfielder replacement is preferable to the McTominay swap plus cash deal IMHO.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

If true it seems odd that Chelsea are trying to pay the last £10m in instalments. It doesn’t sound like it’s based on future achievements so why not just pay all up front, it’s not like they can’t afford it and it’s not really going to make difference to FFP.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If true it seems odd that Chelsea are trying to pay the last £10m in instalments. It doesn’t sound like it’s based on future achievements so why not just pay all up front, it’s not like they can’t afford it and it’s not really going to make difference to FFP.
I think that's just a flaw in the translation. The £10m will almost certainly be add-ons.

They'll almost certainly not pay £75m cash up front - it will be instalments. Most transfers between PL clubs are done in instalments.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I think that's just a flaw in the translation. The £10m will almost certainly be add-ons.

They'll almost certainly not pay £75m cash up front - it will be instalments. Most transfers between PL clubs are done in instalments.
Most are in instalments but we insisted on Arsenal paying the £50m for Ben White up front so it wouldn’t surprise me if we did it again.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Diego Arcos a well known South American journalist over 700,000 followers tweeting Chelsea now offered £75m plus £10m in add ons . Likely to be accepted .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

That is certainly true since covid

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Diego Arcos a well known South American journalist over 700,000 followers tweeting Chelsea now offered £75m plus £10m in add ons . Likely to be accepted .
Little bit disappointing. Think we could have got more. Looks like we've failed to reel in man u to bidding as well. I wonder if the club are suprised how little interest there is in Moises.

Also now makes sense that Chelsea were simply waiting on selling mount to go full throttle on this deal

:(

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I bet it isn’t.
1) He doesn’t personally have a clue what Bloom would accept, possibly 2 people do and one is Bloom.
2) Rice has a medical at Arsenal on Friday for £105m, I’d be gobsmaked if Bloom accepted <75% of that for a younger, at least equal player with 4 years left on his contract.
3) The club turned down £70m in January.
4) See 1

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Most are in instalments but we insisted on Arsenal paying the £50m for Ben White up front so it wouldn’t surprise me if we did it again.
I'm not sure that's the case at all. I don't know where you're getting that from, but I suspect someone somewhere has got confused with what "up front" means in this context. In terms of the Ben White deal, it meant the £50m was the fee before any add-ons.

“Everything is agreed club to club, the fee is a guaranteed £50m, the second-highest transfer fee exchanged for an English centre-back, £30m of that will be paid within one year for Brighton and then two more payments of £10m in following seasons,” Duncan Castles told the Transfer Window Podcast.​

The same details are recounted here...

...which includes the quote ""The fee is a guaranteed £50m..." which, again, might be where the "up front" confusion comes from.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just to follow up the above...

"But whilst there are not too many major concerns that a deal cannot be concluded, Arsenal are wanting to pay £45million up front and the remaining £5million in add-ons, whereas Brighton want the full £50million in one go."​

"£50 in one go" would not have meant £50m cash changing hands on completion of the deal, it would have meant £50m regardless of any add-ons, if any were included.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I bet it isn’t.
1) He doesn’t personally have a clue what Bloom would accept, possibly 2 people do and one is Bloom.
2) Rice has a medical at Arsenal on Friday for £105m, I’d be gobsmaked if Bloom accepted <75% of that for a younger, at least equal player with 4 years left on his contract.
3) The club turned down £70m in January.
4) See 1
The club turned it down in January because it would have destroyed our season. If we get to £80m it will be the 7th highest UK transfer fee ever for a lad that cost almost nothing three years ago and has just over a years top flight experience. I think it gets done around that price.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The club turned it down in January because it would have destroyed our season. If we get to £80m it will be the 7th highest UK transfer fee ever for a lad that cost almost nothing three years ago and has just over a years top flight experience. I think it gets done around that price.
20% of it goes to his former club don't forget

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
20% of it goes to his former club don't forget
yeah this in the only thing that makes a 100m+ offer seem more prudent for the Albion. 80m+ pocketed rather than 64m feels a lot better.

One thing is for certain, he will be off. Just a matter of time and a bit of guess work on the undisclosed amount. We've known it since January so no point getting too upset about it. He will leave a massive hole in a team. Can't think of anyone with even half the amount of bite that he has!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here