Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He’s definitely going and I’m fairly sure it will be to Chelsea. After signing Rice, I just don’t think Arsenal will have the budget or desire to go the extra mile they will have to, to get him.

Plus, after January, I get the feeling that Caicedo is going to be led more by the money than a sporting project.

And there is the Colwill situation.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I guess I'm both strange and deluded then.

I think it's 50/50 that he's leaving this summer. I have no doubt that Arsenal and probably Chelsea at least will be in for him. I have no doubt that Caicedo would be happy to join either of those.

BUT, there is no release clause or escape mechanism in Caicedo's newly signed, long term contract so the only way we sell is if we get offered enough. There may be an 'agreement' as claimed in the random twitter quote but if there is I'd be very surprised if it wasn't along the lines of 'you can go if we get a suitable' offer.

Will Arsenal or Chelsea offer a suitable amount? I'm not convinced they will.
I concur . If the overall package isn’t close to £90m he’s not going anywhere . That’s a lot to pay for a player whose only had one season in the PL however fantastic that season was & it was . Rice is proven over a longer time period although I don’t think he’s a better player .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
All the reports have suggested that's always been their intention.
I think it’s more a case of that’s what their armchair fans on Twitter want to happen. It’d cost about 200m, and I don’t think that they will have that sort of transfer budget for just 2 players.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I guess I'm both strange and deluded then.

I think it's 50/50 that he's leaving this summer. I have no doubt that Arsenal and probably Chelsea at least will be in for him. I have no doubt that Caicedo would be happy to join either of those.

BUT, there is no release clause or escape mechanism in Caicedo's newly signed, long term contract so the only way we sell is if we get offered enough. There may be an 'agreement' as claimed in the random twitter quote but if there is I'd be very surprised if it wasn't along the lines of 'you can go if we get a suitable' offer.

Will Arsenal or Chelsea offer a suitable amount? I'm not convinced they will.
Totally agree.

My guess is that an agreement goes something like this: if you player wants to go, then in the first summer the club is entitled to shop around for an insane price. If nothing happens then the player will be allowed to leave the following summer for a far more reasonable figure to the interested club of his choice.

I think the club will be looking for £80m+ but whatever the fee, if the club is prepared to take it and Caicedo wants to go there, then he'll go. He won't be going for a cut price fee like Mac Allister. The reason I think it's 50/50 is that there are only a handful of clubs with the money to pay that sort of sum.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think it’s more a case of that’s what their armchair fans on Twitter want to happen. It’d cost about 200m, and I don’t think that they will have that sort of transfer budget for just 2 players.
I agree to an extent BUT had they had Rice and Moises from January they would've won the league. And I think the board there will be very aware of that.
They're under a lot of pressure to build on what was an excellent season, and with the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea bound to be at least slightly better, and the likes of us, Villa and Brentford all pushing to improve, they must be worried that if they don't make a bold statement like this they could easily drop out of the top four next year. Especially with the added pressure of CL.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m guessing that Arsenal will overpay for Rice to the order of some £20m - £40m. If they are then not prepared to overpay for Caicedo, he’ll end up at Chelsea or Manure. I suspect some at the club are still angry with Arsenal’s conduct in the January window, it’s going to be very tough for them to get our man.
Are we angrier with Arsenal for trying to buy Caicedo than we are with Chelsea for nicking an entire management team? Seems strange if we are.
Within the three choices, my preference would be:
1). He stays another year;
2). Arsenal;
3). Scumbag Chelsea.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Totally agree.

My guess is that an agreement goes something like this: if you player wants to go, then in the first summer the club is entitled to shop around for an insane price. If nothing happens then the player will be allowed to leave the following summer for a far more reasonable figure to the interested club of his choice.

I think the club will be looking for £80m+ but whatever the fee, if the club is prepared to take it and Caicedo wants to go there, then he'll go. He won't be going for a cut price fee like Mac Allister. The reason I think it's 50/50 is that there are only a handful of clubs with the money to pay that sort of sum.
But I also fundamentally agree with this. We won't sell him just because the online noise is saying he wants to leave. We've already said 'no' once and since then he has signed a new contract. He's proven he can focus and perform despite the media noise and his apparent desire for more money, so I think the clubs stance will be very firm both with him and interested clubs.
I'd say right now it's probably even closer to 60/40 in him staying. Until Arsenal have signed Rice we won't know their stance and Chelsea, well we aren't gonna sell him to them without a big fight.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If he just wants to go to a 'big club' and doesn't much care which one, then the motive is purely money and almost certainly driven by his agent. If it's about football and playing in the Champions League, then Chelsea will be off the radar as they can't even offer the Europa Conference right now and it would be a gamble to assume they could get back in there next season.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Are we angrier with Arsenal for trying to buy Caicedo than we are with Chelsea for nicking an entire management team? Seems strange if we are.
2). Arsenal;
3). Scumbag Chelsea.
I think @Hugo Rune was talking about inside the club rather than as fans. I've heard PB say multiple times that they're quite happy to deal with Chelsea as they conduct themselves well and pay the requested fees.

I've also heard that Arsenal really messed the club around in January regarding Caicedo. I don't know what the extent of the damage was though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Obviously I'd prefer him to stay one more season, but I think Chelsea are the favourites simply because they also have someone we actually want. Colwill and around £40m means Caceido goes for around £80m which I think will be acceptable to us. Personally career-wise I think Chelsea would not be a good move this year as they have no European football, let alone CL.

Arsenal would be a great fit for him, especially if he is paired with Rice. That said I just cannot see Arsenal spending £180m on two midfielders when they have other needs.

City or United would also be decent fits, and offer Moises the career path that he so clearly wants but there is not too much noise from those parties.

It's in Chelsea's hands, they either give us what we want or the very faint hope that Moises will stay may actually be realised.

FWIW from Moises perspective there are some positives to staying with the Albion.
1. We actually have European football and in a pretty prestigious competition to boot. This can only aid his development into be come the top tier player we all know he will become.
2. He is still very young, and if comments from Pervis are to be believed he is still a shy and reserved lad. The Albion offer Moises a great environment in which he can really get used to living in this country. Our Ecuadorian enclave provides a great support network for him.
3. Roberto De Zerbi. Moises gets to continue his development under one of the hottest coaches in Europe.

I am a realist and I expect Moises to leave (I'd say 10% chance or less of him staying), but I do not think it would be bad for Caceido at all if he were to stay.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think Liverpool should bust a gut to get him. Their midfield needs a ball winner of his quality - a modern day Souness who would fit right in with Ali Mac. I don’t think they have the funds, so it’ll probably have to be a deal with Chelsea to secure Colwill.
We can’t afford to take a risk in selling for cash and not be able to get hold of quality players.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Colwill is getting so hyped it’s hilarious, he played 17 games for us sometimes did well other times not so well. If he had been loaned to any other club but us they would sell him. Chelsea are now confused questioning why we want him and will we sell him for £80m plus later down the line 🤣
Not worth £40m as yet and definitely should not be involved in any NSC swap and some cash deal for Caceido.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Barber said Caicedo value is £150 million plus, at the end of last season.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Got a long contract. The club can decide to keep him. This is why the £35m reported fee for AM helps i .e. Steal language/description counters hostage language/narrative. Good European football also helps. Potter and Cucu down to Boehly/idiocy - and too good to refuse opportunism from the Albion.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh If you spend your times looking at transfer rumours on twitter, then you would concede that a Caicedo transfer is inevitable this summer.

I don't spend my time reading that sort of stuff, so the way I see it is that there are a small number of clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, maybe Man U, who are likely to spend £50m+ on a midfielder this summer. They will have a number of targets in mind including Maddison, Rabiot, Guimares, Mount and several others. The amount of money Bloom will want for Caicedo puts him at the upper end of this lot in terms of fees, so there's every chance these clubs decide to look somewhere else. I think it's about a 50/50 chance as well.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Colwill is getting so hyped it’s hilarious, he played 17 games for us sometimes did well other times not so well. If he had been loaned to any other club but us they would sell him. Chelsea are now confused questioning why we want him and will we sell him for £80m plus later down the line 🤣
Not worth £40m as yet and definitely should not be involved in any NSC swap and some cash deal for Caceido.
There's loads of discussion of this on the other thread, but it's less his performances, which I agree were mixed, but more the obvious potential given his age and the current premium on left sided ball playing centre backs

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I realise that he once said he supported Manchester United, but if he goes there, he's dead to me. If he has to go, I'd prefer Arsenal, so that they have a chance of preventing the title race being a one-horse job, or (paradoxically) Man City, because you might as well hate the weather as hate them. Best of all, of course, he stays.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
2). Arsenal;
3). Scumbag Chelsea.
Chelsea came along and met all the release clauses. How upset can the club really be with someone for activating clauses that they agreed to? And in hindsight the deal was an amazing success for us. £21m (?) and we got RDZ for nothing!

We told Arsenal that we would not sell in January under any circumstances (plus it was late in the window so no time to get a replacement). But they still kept bidding and unsettling the player.

So, yes, Arsenal’s conduct was worse.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Chelsea came along and met all the release clauses. How upset can the club really be with someone for activating clauses that they agreed to? And in hindsight the deal was an amazing success for us. £21m (?) and we got RDZ for nothing!

We told Arsenal that we would not sell in January under any circumstances (plus it was late in the window so no time to get a replacement). But they still kept bidding and unsettling the player.

So, yes, Arsenal’s conduct was worse.
I just think we've been bidding for Colwill after Chelsea have been told not for sale. I get the point it's a different time of year. But not for sale in football world, never actually means not for sale. It's just means give us an offer we can't refuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here