Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Caicedo’s a better player, three years younger, with a contract effectively to June 2028. Rice’s contract including the club option ran to June 2025.
Number of years left on the contract does not matter if it is a competitive race for a player. Makes no difference to the acquiring team. Only means selling club is more likely to sell, but will still go to the highest bidder if there is more than one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Number of years left on the contract does not matter if it is a competitive race for a player. Makes no difference to the acquiring team. Only means selling club is more likely to sell, but will still go to the highest bidder if there is more than one.

It does.

When many years remain, you’re correct.

But in the last year or two the price dips, in addition selling clubs are keen to get some money before it’s too late. See the prices paid for Trossard and Bissouma.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It does.

But in the last year or two the price dips, in addition selling clubs are keen to get some money before it’s too late. See the prices paid for Trossard and Bissouma.
He has a point though - if there were a few clubs who after a player, then they have to outbid the competition, and it doesn't make sense for them to lose out simply because the player didn't have long left on their contract.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He has a point though - if there were a few clubs who after a player, then they have to outbid the competition, and it doesn't make sense for them to lose out simply because the player didn't have long left on their contract.

Based on a sale must occur, the selling club is willing to sell. We saw in January that with a market of one bidder, that TB wouldn’t sell full stop. This isn’t an auction.

Well, mathematical modellers looked at this. The sweet spot for maximising transfer values is greater or equal to 2.5 years left on the contract. IF the clubs chooses to sell at all.

IMG_4579.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'll only whisper this. Moises is one of the best players in his position I have ever seen, however,

Surround him with Dunk, Estupiñán, Lallana, Welbeck and, AliMac ( a man waaay more mature than his years), Solly, Velts etc and he is absolutely world class. I'm not sure Moises would be my first choice to dig us out when things are going badly and it needs turning round, if you've ever seen him interviewed, he is a very young kid FFS :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also, how much is a home-grown player premium anyway? You’re allowed 17 non-home-grown players in your squad. It’s hardly restrictive.

It also matters far, far less when the overseas player is proven in the PL. Taking away the risk of Carlos Kickaball being an expensive foreign flop.

Last edited:

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
On the occasions I've seen him up against Declan Rice, he (Moises) has outplayed him, given the fee Rice has gone for, I would suggest Moises is way above that fee ?
Bearing in mind United have signed Mount, I believe ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Based on a sale must occur, the selling club is willing to sell. We saw in January that with a market of one bidder, that TB wouldn’t sell full stop. This isn’t an auction.Th

The comparison was with Rice, and you said he didn't have long left on his contract - but there were multiple clubs interested in him, so the price was high despite there not being long left on the contract.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On the occasions I've seen him up against Declan Rice, he (Moises) has outplayed him, given the fee Rice has gone for, I would suggest Moises is way above that fee ?
Bearing in mind United have signed Mount, I believe ?
Yep. United have singed Mount. It is looking like the Arse, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spuds have done their dirty dealing, meaning only Citeh are left with the funds to afford Moises. And they wouldn't. Pep wouldn't. I don't think.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He’s going to end up somewhere other than Brighton, and I’ve lost interest in where that might be. I just wish it’d happen soon, so we can all move on
I remain unconvinced he's going anywhere this summer, simply because nobody will stretch to £90m or whatever the real unpublished asking price is.
He'll then go for £70m in the summer of 2024. That's my prediction.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Caceido has only had a season and a bit so we won’t get 100m.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Keep him = top 4

Won’t keep though
I have a similar feeling too. If he satys we're in for a brilliant season. TB has all the stats at his fingertips - he knows how important MC is to us. Plus as another poster has said, surrounded by all that experience (and now Milner), Caicedo absolutely thrives. For that reason I truly hope he stays. If Chelski Cowboys offer Rice money he'll be off but I'm not sure they'll go that high.

I think he'll probably leave but I don't get all the certainty that he will from others on here. He absolutely loves playing with his mates down here and RDZ is second to only Pep imo.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
It does.

I am being a bit argumentative, sorry but it is silly season!
I agree with you for most players. As the selling club will be more willing to accept a lower price (your examples are good ones). But if another Petro-state club wants the same player, and you do not believe there is as good an alternative, in the end you will be willing to pay same price regardless of the contract length, as the value is the same to you regardless. With Biss and Tross, unfortunately, there was no such competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here