Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep. United have singed Mount. It is looking like the Arse, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spuds have done their dirty dealing, meaning only Citeh are left with the funds to afford Moises. And they wouldn't. Pep wouldn't. I don't think.

There’s 10 weeks to go. Manure are trying to get rid of a stack of midfielders, plus Mount plays in a different position … creative in an around the striker, Caicedo is a box to box powerhouse.

Liverpool want two more CM’ers, but don’t buy £90m players.

I see Mancs x2 and The Chavs as being the market. ManC were close to signing Rice, but bailed out at the £105m.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
There’s 10 weeks to go. Manure are trying to get rid of a stack of midfielders, plus Mount plays in a different position … creative in an around the striker, Caicedo is a box to box powerhouse.

I see Mancs x2 and The Chavs as being the market. ManC were close to signing Rice, but bailed out at the £105m.
They’re all skint. We’re f***ing loaded. 😂

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Moises safe with us then ;)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently there is a 20% sell on from his old club (Source: Andy Naylor)

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Apparently there is a 20% sell on from his old club (Source: Andy Naylor)
I'm not endorsing this as a strategy, but given how many PL clubs have connections with other clubs in other leagues nowadays, is there anything to stop (for example) us selling him to USG for 20p, giving the original club 4p, and then immediately selling him back to ourselves?
Obviously there are issues in doing it all within one window, but given most young players from completely different environments need a season somewhere to acclimatise/get enough immigration points, it seems like an obvious work-around.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'm not endorsing this as a strategy, but given how many PL clubs have connections with other clubs in other leagues nowadays, is there anything to stop (for example) us selling him to USG for 20p, giving the original club 4p, and then immediately selling him back to ourselves?
Obviously there are issues in doing it all within one window, but given most young players from completely different environments need a season somewhere to acclimatise/get enough immigration points, it seems like an obvious work-around.
Well it would be a quick way to stop clubs like Independiente Del Valle wanting to sell us their young stars, which would kind of ruin our whole transfer policy...

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Well it would be a quick way to stop clubs like Independiente Del Valle wanting to sell us their young stars, which would kind of ruin our whole transfer policy...
Well obviously, I'm just wondering if there's anything to stop a club doing that.
Longer term, as the big clubs increasingly have ties all over the world, I imagine sell on clauses will increasingly become meaningless, because rather than sell from any given South American club to a team like us, they'll go to the local franchise of City or whoever and then straight to Man City for tuppence.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am pretty sure there is a check on whether the transfer is market rate. Same as there is for sponsorship deals. Prevents dodgy stuff like suggested.

Similar to if my dad sold me his house for 1k which is a blatant tax dodge.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
To USG may not be the best example (as we would be up before the beak given Tony's involvement). But, even then, I'm pretty sure there would be some law breaking going on that would stop that if it was with another club.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Or, for example, a club from a major European league in desperate need of money to meet ffp retrictions, selling a player (who due to length of contract and their exorbitant wages would prove very difficult to sell to a proper club/league) to a club in a backwater league who just happen to be owned by, I don't know, a sovereign investment fund who own shares in the owners of said selling club?

Imagine if the investment fund also owned another team in the same major European league. And if the sold player really missed European football and wanted to return to the league they had just left. It wouldn't look remotely dodgy if he found his way to that other team. Especially not if it was for cheap. That would just show how much the sovereign fund were thinking of the player...

Obviously this is all fictitious and I am in no way suggesting this could happen. But if such a situation were to arise I wonder what the legality of it would be?

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
A video editor (Brighton fan) on Twitter is saying he's been asked to make Caicedo's goodbye video for his social media.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A video editor (Brighton fan) on Twitter is saying he's been asked to make Caicedo's goodbye video for his social media.
Well the guy is either very stupid or lying. Moises probably is leaving this window, but I’m a video editor & releasing info like that would be a pretty quick way of reducing the amount of clients who will work with you.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I don't think he's lying because you can see he makes videos for lots of footballers, and he posted it on the private BHA group, so not exactly making it public.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I still think Moises is going, mostly because the potential suitors would be really dumb to pass up the chance to get such a good player. That said if it is Chelsea only they will have to cough up the cash or leverage Colwill into the deal.

I'd say the chances of him staying have risen to around 15% now given the past week's shenanigans. Still overwhelmingly likely to go, but staying put no longer a ridiculous notion.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And that information is now on a forum that the club monitors.
I don’t think the club will care tbh.

I get the impression that for those ITK, the departure of Caicedo is a forgone conclusion.

Now that Rice’s transfer has ‘set’ the market for this window, the club will know exactly how much they want and how much they are likely to get.

It’s been clear for a while that Chelsea will not be signing Caicedo in June as they look to balance their FFP deficit for the last 3 years. However, next week is July and with Man Utd and Arsenal interested, Chelsea will be paying top, top dollar for our boy. The signing of Enzo Fernandez and Mudryk should tell you all you need to know about The Todd splashing the cash, imagine how much he’d be willing to pay for a player who is actually ‘proved’ in the EPL and has stats to back up the fact that there are very, very few better than him at what he does in the world.

They’ll stump up a nine figure fee next week and he’ll be gone by the 10th July. Best get that ‘goodbye’ highlights reel finished.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And that information is now on a forum that the club monitors.
I've been made privy to Albion information in the past from folk who would know. NSC is the last place I would put it. It's a breach of trust with that person. If someone, and there is one I know who would have the correct details, told me anything I'd keep me gob shut. Any posting is just 'look at me'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here