Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was pretty pissed off the last window when we did not let him go...two windows running now. Great player but, he wants out, we don't hear him coming out with stuff like he's happy here, just silence and a mystery groin strain.
Was he? I didn’t see any sign of that.
His agent put the childish message on his Instagram, not even spelling his home town correctly, but he showed his talent on the pitch and signed a new contract a few weeks later.
Not exactly the actions of a peed off player.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That’s exactly my point, it isn’t and that’s not what I want but we are ripe for the picking the conveyor of talent won’t last forever, it just won’t I know we like to think it will but it can’t.

Even after our best season ever, we are being pilfered for the spine of our team.
After last season I just don’t think now is the time to lose faith in the system and the owner that is driving it. Of course I would love to keep Caicedo but it is the system that delivered him. With the best will in the world we are not going to pay the wages of some clubs. By the same token we are paying significantly higher wages than most of the rest of English football. Leveling the playing field works both ways.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Re Pervis. Odds on next out of the club I'd say. Hopefully we get another stellar season out of him. An outstanding player.
Re bids for Moises. This Fab claim sounds very curious but 95 plus add ons would surely seal it. Doubt anyone is offering that tonight.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
99% of professional clubs on the planet could say exactly the same about losing their young talent to Brighton & Hove Albion!
And I agree but I’m talking clubs in the same league, realistically we can’t compete with these top teams because of wages and we never really will be able to, just an unfortunate truth, we’ve had Moises for one full season and he’s already basically walked out twice :lolol:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Losing your best players is not and will never be what a team need to do to establish themselves in the top 6 though? I’ve heard that said so many times and it’s not worked for any team that I know of? Leicesters team got destroyed after they won the league, Southampton finished top 8 like us and ended up losing all their stars.

If tomorrow all these teams decided they wanted Estupinan, Mitoma, Ferguson what can we actually do to stop them leaving?

A wage cap is the only thing that could save football and equalise things a bit, won’t ever happen I know.
I completely agree with what you are saying but would counter the slow demise of the two teams you mention was triggered I feel from the deaths of both teams owners who were passionate and generous benefactors.

Liebherr (a billionaire) died in 2012 and his daughter had no interest in the club and sold a huge stake to Chinese investors in 2017.
Leicesters owner’s death is more recent and sadder. The family’s wealth was also hit significantly by the impact of Covid.

Whilst TB is actively in charge and PBOE and assuming whomever succeeds him in the future is of similar calibre, then we are in safe and stable hands.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
And I agree but I’m talking clubs in the same league, realistically we can’t compete with these top teams because of wages and we never really will be able to, just an unfortunate truth.
But we have competed with these top teams...
Wins against all the clubs in the so-called "Top 6" in recent years.
Finished above both Chelsea and Tottenham last season, achieving Europa League football with Liverpool.

I honestly don't care about these "top teams", I'm having the time of my life watching the Albion, and we will continue to surprise in the future!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
F*** me, there are some drama queens on here tonight :rolleyes:

It's very simple, you try to get the best chairman, management team, coach and plan in the whole of the football league. And, if by some miracle, you manage to achieve this (and for me, personally, it's taken well over 50 years) then you let them get on with it, support them and see it through..

Personally I would like Moises to stay but, whatever happens, it will be the best thing for Brighton and Hove Albion :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Easily the most annoying two words of 2023.
Yep. Normally the 'I' is omitted, so I'm often at a loss as to whether it is the poster's interpretation of events, or a direct order to the reader.

#GrammarMatters #Pedant

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
With the Liverpool thing, I can’t understand why they baulked at Bellingham but look increasingly likely to go for Moises. Moises is a fabulous football player but Jude Bellingham is going to be a world star in football (No disrespect to our man)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here