Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wankstain Jacobs has been very quiet

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The club know that and they know what they're doing. If they thought that the bid was reasonable, they'd let him go. They clearly think for a player with his talent, the bid is too low, and they'd rather keep him. Can we guarantee it'll all work out? No, of course not. But I'm happy to trust that the club are trying to do what's best.
Let's hope so.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Maybe I’m just in a bad mood or something but this whole thing is just sad really isn’t? Our best players from our best ever team being pilfered by teams we could have competed with this season.

Obviously bigger clubs than us, but both Liverpool and Chelsea are rebuilding their midfields and using us to sort their own midfields out whilst simultaneously weakening us, my football mojo is pretty weak right now, and it’s not just Moises, if Liverpool come in for Pervis tomorrow he’ll probably throw a hissy as well, same goes for Mitoma etc

All we need is a billionaire yank, an oil baron or a state to come buy us and we MIGHT be able to ward off these vultures, whether he goes to Chelsea or Liverpool it’s still a sad sign of broken football, I don’t see how any team ever breaks the monotonous top teams without the aforementioned investors or blood money.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Maybe I’m just in a bad mood or something but this whole thing is just sad really isn’t? Our best players from our best ever team being pilfered by teams we could have competed with this season.

Obviously bigger clubs than us, but both Liverpool and Chelsea are rebuilding their midfields and using us to sort their own midfields out whilst simultaneously weakening us, my football mojo is pretty weak right now, and it’s not just Moises, if Liverpool come in for Pervis tomorrow he’ll probably throw a hissy as well, same goes for Mitoma etc

All we need is a billionaire yank, an oil baron or a state to come buy us and we MIGHT be able to ward off these vultures, whether he goes to Chelsea or Liverpool it’s still a sad sign of broken football, I don’t see how any team ever breaks the monotonous top teams without the aforementioned investors or blood money.
All we need is regulation of transfer fees and wages.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I read on here about someone being concerned about Pervis…
I understand The Reds have made an approach for Moises and also asked about Pervis’s availability 😕

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I couldn’t disagree more. We succeed with a fantastic organisation that appoints a head coach to build teams to win football matches. These players are a product of that model. I couldn’t think of anything worse than competing with these clubs in the way you describe. Soulless business models for soulless plastic fans who just want trophies. That is not what being a football fan is about for me.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I couldn’t disagree more. We succeed with a fantastic organisation that appoints a head coach to build teams to win football matches. These players are a product of that model. I couldn’t think of anything worse than competing with these clubs in the way you describe. Soulless business models for soulless plastic fans who just want trophies. That is not what being a football fan is about for me.
That’s exactly my point, it isn’t and that’s not what I want but we are ripe for the picking the conveyor of talent won’t last forever, it just won’t I know we like to think it will but it can’t.

Even after our best season ever, we are being pilfered for the spine of our team.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

Caicedo is not actually worth anywhere near £100m. One could argue, no player is.

Our model is to invest in top talent and sell them for mega bucks. This model saw us finish 6th and qualify for Europe last season. Similar to how Dortmund operate.

We still have a fantastic side capable of finishing top 6 again this season, with or without Caicedo. Should we lose him, we will be around £100m better off to reinvest in other top young players...

We are better off than a vast majority of Premier League teams. We can't compete with the established big 6 just yet, but we shouldn't feel disheartened when we lose exciting players for silly money.... It's exactly what we need to do to establish ourselves as a top Premier League team as well.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
All I can think of is some sort of Monty Pythons sketch with ridiculous amounts of lip licking, deep breaths, puckering, wiping of lips etc etc
All I can think of is some sort of Monty Pythons sketch with ridiculous amounts of lip licking, deep breaths, puckering, wiping of lips etc etc
If I had the IT skills I’d post the Life Of Brian sketch. 5 Sheckles?5 Scheckles? It’s worth at least 10. Here’s 10 then. No, no , no…..

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Caicedo is not actually worth anywhere near £100m. One could argue, no player is.

Our model is to invest in top talent and sell them for mega bucks. This model saw us finish 6th and qualify for Europe last season. Similar to how Dortmund operate.

We still have a fantastic side capable of finishing top 6 again this season, with or without Caicedo. Should we lose him, we will be around £100m better off to reinvest in other top young players...

We are better off than a vast majority of Premier League teams. We can't compete with the established big 6 just yet, but we shouldn't feel disheartened when we lose exciting players for silly money.... It's exactly what we need to do to establish ourselves as a top Premier League team as well.
Losing your best players is not and will never be what a team need to do to establish themselves in the top 6 though? I’ve heard that said so many times and it’s not worked for any team that I know of? Leicesters team got destroyed after they won the league, Southampton finished top 8 like us and ended up losing all their stars.

If tomorrow all these teams decided they wanted Estupinan, Mitoma, Ferguson what can we actually do to stop them leaving?

A wage cap is the only thing that could save football and equalise things a bit, won’t ever happen I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here