Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
IF it is a Saudi club AND IF we accept (£100+m), will be very interesting to see what Caicedo does.

Go for the money, or hold off to potentially win stuff somewhere else.

That then puts Caicedo in a difficult situation as he can't say we stood in his way.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thing is, it's not Chelsea anymore - they've made god knows how many bids, been knocked back and are now looking at other options (as well as having purchased Ugochukwu).

This is either Albion or an actual bid from a mysterious unnamed club.

Nothing to do with Chelsea Football Club.
Yet, here you are

Reactions: cjd

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
IF it is a Saudi club AND IF we accept (£100+m), will be very interesting to see what Caicedo does.

That then puts Caicedo in a difficult situation as he can't say we stood in his way.

Of course he’ll go. It’s quite clear it’s about the money for him, which is more than fair enough.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

It's incredible for us.
There's a team meeting our valuation Chelsea. There's a bid being seriously considered Moises.
You make your choice.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

If he goes to Chelsea, it's for the money anyway. They finished, what was it, 11th last season? Obviously they're doing what they always do and trying to spend their way back to contention again, and they may well succeed in the long term, but there's no Champions League to enhance his global profile for at least another year.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Weren't the scouser's priced out of the Bellingham transfer, which was similar ~£100m?
Probably easier to say priced out rather than rejected for Real.

However they have now have £55 incoming from Fabio and Henderson, Liverpool £90+£10m a possibility maybe?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
The new Saudi bid comes from Sheikh Yamani.
Oh yes it does.
He will offer BHA 120 million of our english pounds.
Are you listening Chelsea. If you want Caicedo you're going to have to pay somewhere around £110,000,000.
He does not wish to twist your arm behind your back. This is a real offer from a real Saudi Sheikh below. A genuine bid. Honest. Cubs honour.
Now pay up or shut up.
IMG_2611.jpeg

gabrielnrg

Jan 21, 2023
Would be interesting. Caicedo is clearly money motivated, evidenced by the fact that he's sucking up to Chelsea. It shows he's not bothered about Champions League football or anything like that. If the Saudis offered him £300,000 per week, say, he could feed every one of his siblings caviar and Wagyu steak five times a day, which you'd imagine they'd be pretty excited about, going by his public plea in January.

This is such a horrible, unconscious, British privileged comment...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Good post.... first Caicedo was 'keen' to join Arsenal, then he was 'keen' to join Chelsea; the single theme is a significant financial uplift. Presumably the Saudi Club would be still greater....

I am not judging by the way.... except I do hope he avoids joining toxic Chelsea.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sadly, a move to a Saudi Club would be the worst option in my opinion, despite the lashings of cash which would inevitably be flying around. A 21 year old with a glittering career ahead of him, ending up in that manufactured football desert? All for the money? It makes me feel a little queasy saying it, but .....I'd rather he went to Chelsea.:sick:

To be brutally honest, if he goes, I don’t care how it turns out for him. He should, in my opinion, be staying with us another season. If he goes to the Desert, good for him, take the dirty money, and retire with more money than Methuselah, and a completely wasted talent.
I really, don’t want to see him go to another English club, and I certainly don’t want to see him go to Chelsea.

Gordon Celery

Jul 31, 2023
It seems this transfer saga is done and dusted then.

Chelsea have already moved on, are looking at other targets and have already signed 2 DMs - Ugochukwu recently and Brazilian international Andrey Santos in January.

Brighton have received a bid from Saudi, who have limitless money, so will no doubt meet the price Bloom wants.

Doesn't seem complex, so should be wrapped up very quickly from here on in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You keep saying this, but you can’t persuade me that he is somehow hard done by on probably £75k-£100k/week on a contract signed 6 months ago, regardless of his country situation.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Of course he’ll go. It’s quite clear it’s about the money for him, which is more than fair enough.
I remember, during the Arsenal bits, him saying he wants to be the most successful Ecuadorian footballer ever, won't happen if he fecks off to the Saudi league.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I meant it only based on the daft press release his agent put out in January which mentioned said siblings, and suggested his existing wage (which even at that point would have been far above what almost anybody posting on here would earn) was pitiful. And also the fact that he has previously touted himself to United, Arsenal and now Chelsea. I fully accept why players are taking the Saudi money, because ultimately one or two seasons will set them up for life, then they can go where they like if they don't think the Saudi league is up to scratch.

But on reflection I can see why you might think otherwise, therefore I will retract the comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here