Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I reckon it might be City you know. They've got the money and they've not spent any.
City feels like the obvious choice - they made a brief attempt at getting Rice before walking away, suggesting they do want some more quality in midfield.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon it might be City you know. They've got the money and they've not spent any.
They spent 77 million today on an RB Leipzig defender. Doesn’t mean they won’t be spending more.

Anyway let’s hope the club gets named soon just to watch the Chelsea fan implosion

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The bid ‘surpasses £80m.’

Mod edit: please do NOT copy and paste screenshots of articles that sit behind paywalls. Include a sentence or two (in text) and link to the original source, so people can choose to subscribe to read more or not. Copyright claims for these wholesale copies could financially ruin NSC.
The article is titled "Brighton reject offer for Caicedo", and includes:

"The bid, from an as yet unidentified club, is said to surpass Chelsea's most recent offer for the 21-year-old Ecuador international that was worth a total of £80million.
The article is titled "Brighton reject offer for Caicedo", and includes:

"The bid, from an as yet unidentified club, is said to surpass Chelsea's most recent offer for the 21-year-old Ecuador international that was worth a total of £80million."
Oops, sorry. I copied it from an earlier post on here as someone referred to an article quoting an £80m bid when I remembered the post mentioned it surpassing £80m. I didn’t read the source and don’t subscribe so couldn’t have seen it that way. I will check next time.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
But City have just splaffed out £77M for Gvardiol so surely wont be them??
You mean the City who have just raked in the prize money from a treble which gets added to their already enormous bank balance and whom also seem to be immune from any sort of FFP related chicanery? That City?

If it's them, they can afford him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oops, sorry. I copied it from an earlier post on here as someone referred to an article quoting an £80m bid when I remembered the post mentioned it surpassing £80m. I didn’t read the source and don’t subscribe so couldn’t have seen it that way. I will check next time.
No problem at all - the warning was more for other people. The Athletic are hot on this stuff and I'd rather not be contacted by them again!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Hate to see him go but if we could reach close to the £100 million mark, the proceeds of that and the Mac Allister sale would comfortably cover the money spent this summer and leave some in the pot for the next generation of starlets.

Trust in Tony and the process. As always.
We got enough money Last season to cover the new signings

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Said it before but Man Utd makes a lot of sense, terrible midfield and he's a supporter of them

TBH as long as it's not Chelsea I'm kinda beyond caring, it'd just be funny

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it is City can you imagine them with Moises in the middle. A scary prospect.
Matters not though, City is one club we won’t be competing with on the same level with or without Moises. However he would make a massive difference to mid table Chelsea.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I do hope that it’s City. Would piss off Chelsea massively and we aren’t in the same orbit as them.
Would also tie in with the rumours that we are after Palmer. There’s obviously a good dialogue with them.
Caicedo in one direction, Palmer in the other direction and money for a great replacement.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
City would make sense as they’ve just virtually confirmed Gvardiol. Attention turns elsewhere now that’s done. I could see MC doing a good job there especially as they’ve lost Gundogan.

Either that or it is a phantom bid (like city’s for rice) to get the buying club to hurry up and pay up.

Gordon Celery

Jul 31, 2023
Looks like we better get our bids in for that replacement pronto because he is off now.

Not sure about that. They've just agreed a £78m fee for Gvardiol and also have Rodri, Kovacic, Phillips and Stones vying for "pivot" positions.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Man City - probably the only team with a better DM but lack strength in depth
Arsenal - just signed Rice
Man U - spent a lot of money and have Casemiro but Moises a huge upgrade on Fred and McTomonay.
Liverpool - literally don't have a DM in their squad but seemingly reluctant to pay 50 for Lavia.
Newcastle- can't see it with their CM.
Intriguing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here