Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Do we want Gallagher? He had a good season - at Palace, which in itself doesn't help. Was garbage last season. A headless chicken from the Robbie Savage school of running about a lot. Don't see him being an RDZ type player.
When Savage came to us on loan many moons ago, I really don't remember him running about a lot :lol::lol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Rice aside, doesn’t the Bellingham fee humble the market back to reality some what?

Unless I’ve missed a release clause amount?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I actually really like Rice, think he’s a quality player and definitely deserves a move to title challenging, Champions League club.

But he’s still not in Caicedo’s class.
I agree. Rice is a great all rounder, gets WH moving forward, great attitude, talismanic.

Whilst Caicedo, after effectively just 13 months, is a centre midfield beast (not said in a clumsy Ron Atkinson way), everywhere, a positive character in the camp and those covering tackles appearing from nowhere.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rice aside, doesn’t the Bellingham fee humble the market back to reality some what?

Unless I’ve missed a release clause amount?

Some of these transfers are more about the total cost to the buying club. Haaland was allegedly just £51m, for the best striker on the planet, but ManC pay him Messi/Ronaldo wages. Bellingham’s fee with later add ons is £115m and his net wages are reportedly £1m per month, that would be £435k per week gross here.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'd say good on the club. The only team with that kind of money is Chelsea (willing to pay it). Him and his agent will be looking at both the Bellingham and Mac deals and potentially the Rice deal and thinking WTF? But we can ask for what we want, if we think Caicedo won't refuse to play if we price him out of a move then win win.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I actually really like Rice, think he’s a quality player and definitely deserves a move to title challenging, Champions League club.

But he’s still not in Caicedo’s class.
Agreed. Rice was immense for England during Euro 2020 - can appear to be a one man midfield at times, rather like Caicedo.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Makes them a top four contender imho. He's a great player.
Be interesting to see a) how much we get and b) if Colwill joins.
Gutted he's joining those ****s.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I quite enjoy reading the Geordie press. It relects perfectly the believe of the supporters that theirs is the greatest city with the greatest football team, except somewhere at the back of their collective minds is that little nagging doubt.

There is a desperation for Dan Ashworth to sprinkle some of that Brighton gold dust on the Tyne. Any other set of supporters in the same position would be;

Brighton who?
Some small club who finished below us and haven't got anywhere near the financial clout that we have.

You get the impression that the Chelsea and Manu Utd psyche is we want everyone to hate us, because we are so much better than you, and always win whereas the Geordie psyche is closer to, we want everyone to recognise we are the best team in the world and to love us for it.

My attempt at the Brighton pysche would be you didn't pay us enough attention and then you underestimated us didn't you.

Love it.

Mine is Sssssssh! We are Under The Rader. Now, Go. A. Way. (followed by voices off, tittering that morphs into maniacal laughter)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
If Moises joins Chelski, then he is a f***ing idiot (with a large bank balance). I would never wish him well there. Would understand City, Arsenal or Liverpool but Chelsea.

*Really hope he stays obviously.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The only consolation would be us getting Colwill which would be MASSIVE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here