Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where does the signing of Ulloa leave...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We might get a new player and already people are trying to get rid of some one else, how about keeping them all and getting some kind of competition for places. I for one would like Hoskins given some time in the side. He appears to get a few games as a sub and that's it. Barnes gets half a season and more.

Agree

Promotion competing sides have numerous options up front. We have made do with bare bones for a while so it now feels we need to trim but reality is we now have enough for them all to compete and impress if given the chance. Keep them all . Squad game , different combinations for different things.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Agree

Promotion competing sides have numerous options up front. We have made do with bare bones for a while so it now feels we need to trim but reality is we now have enough for them all to compete and impress if given the chance. Keep them all . Squad game , different combinations for different things.

Yes keep if we can afford. We only need an injury or two and we're baack in the shit...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Keep them all, one of the reasons for signing a new striker is to cover the position better. You start selling players, all it takes is 1 or 2 injuries and then your down to DS squad players.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ship Dobbie out on a free, anywhere, just get rid. Hoskins, whatever we can get for him, He's League One standard at best. Barnes is flexible a and valuable addition to the team, as is CMS, and he is our top scorer.

Here is a good example of an idiot, keep Barnes and sell Hoskins?????? do you actually ever watch a full game?..... Mind you, we are stuck with Barnes, no fecker will ever pay good money for him. By flexible you mean he flexes between average and poor?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Here is a good example of an idiot, keep Barnes and sell Hoskins?????? do you actually ever watch a full game?..... Mind you, we are stuck with Barnes, no fecker will ever pay good money for him. By flexible you mean he flexes between average and poor?

"do you ever watch a full game?" ha the irony eh.

Moronic.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

You're right, it's a very good example of an idiot. Now, what do you think?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
All totally different types of player that offer something different. Dobbie shouldn't be included though as his position is that of an attacking midfielder - that's where he had played some of his best football.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Out of the lot of them, the one I'd want to keep most would be Hoskins.

If I may indulge myself, I was on me iPhone earlier, so to explain my reasoning;

I think CMS has basically plateaued in terms of skill. Lordy knows he gives it his all every game and can only be commended for it,
but I don't think he'll get better while still with us, unless there is a drastic restructure in the way that we play/and the players we have. Which won't happen.

Barnes is very similar in some ways, in that he offers a fair bit all over the pitch and will occasionally score an absolutely ridiculous goal that he has no right to score,
but then will spend 4 - 5 games knocking every shot wide of the post.

I don't know about Dobbie, but as previously mentioned he's out of position really and for my money when I've seen him, uninterested.

Either way, those 3 will not win us promotion, even if they're with an absolute goal machine for company.

Hoskins is a wild card in that we haven't seen him play yet, but if it was any of the aforementioned players above running onto that ball from Lopez against Newcastle,
I don't know if they'd have scored. We know about CMS/Barnes/Dobbie, but Hoskins seems to have a lot of potential and think we should give him a PROPER go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here