Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where does the signing of Ulloa leave...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
McSmudger has to go shirley,but who do we give him to, we gave Murray away so why not mcSmudger

I think getting rid of CMS would be a good financial move for the club, it wether anyone wants him. I personally think Hoskins is the one who ticks the most boxes for being a striker, but I would be happy if brighton managed to bring in another forward to play off Ulloa instead of using what we already have.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Surely we are building a squad. Dobbie played in the right position will come good. Hoskins with a good run in the side will also be a decent player. Barnes does bring a lot to the team, he just lacks goals. CMS will generate the most money, however he does score goals. I say Barnes if we have to get rid of one.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hoskins is on very good money also, he cost 700k or around that if I am not mis taken and has hardly kicked a ball for us, I would not be surprised to see Hoskins go in jan

£500K and a 2 year contract so if we loan him out we write off the full amount.
Rather we kept him and gave him a new deal even if it is only to sell him next year and recoup some of the outlay.
That aside he is a good footballer with plenty of potential at least at this level and maybe higher.

I could see CMS going to Leeds if we recoup our outlay although I would rather he stayed.

Dec 29, 2011
Surely we are building a squad. Dobbie played in the right position will come good. Hoskins with a good run in the side will also be a decent player. Barnes does bring a lot to the team, he just lacks goals. CMS will generate the most money, however he does score goals. I say Barnes if we have to get rid of one.
It's pushing it to call Barnes a striker these days, seems like more of a box-to-box attack minded midfielder.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Poyet plays 4-5-1. Home and away. Much as I would like to see a 4-4-2 every now and again, it doesn't look good for CMS if Ulloa turns out to be useful as the 1. Barnes is normally the 5th in 4-5-1. Poyet has tried Dobbie, Hoskins etc in the 5th position, but does'nt seem to have worked because a) They are strikers and b) having spent their time as strikers, they don't adapt to midfield in the 2 games Poyet gives them, before returning to Poyet puts them back to the Development Squad to develop their midfield skills. Don't know why we don't buy more midfielders!!! At the very least it will keep Crawley happy. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Feel better now.

Totally agree but we should be buying attacking midfielders not defensive ones. Bloody grates me when I see 3 or 4 defensive midfielders in the lineup. We should take the game to the opposition at home.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
...Mackail-Smith, Hoskins, Barnes and Dobbie?

Do you think we'll see any of them leave in January?

I think we'll see at least one of them leave to balance the transfer out in terms of cost but the only two likely to attract a fee of over 1m are Mackail-Smith and Dobbie.

Saw that Norwich have switched interest away from Mackail-Smith now and we've heard nothing else from Leeds.

Dobbie £1m + ??? I doubt it

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I hope CMS and Hoskins stay on, don't care about the others.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Totally agree but we should be buying attacking midfielders not defensive ones. Bloody grates me when I see 3 or 4 defensive midfielders in the lineup. We should take the game to the opposition at home.

CMS to Norwich plus Bennett back?

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
...Mackail-Smith, Hoskins, Barnes and Dobbie?

Do you think we'll see any of them leave in January?

I think we'll see at least one of them leave to balance the transfer out in terms of cost but the only two likely to attract a fee of over 1m are Mackail-Smith and Dobbie.

Saw that Norwich have switched interest away from Mackail-Smith now and we've heard nothing else from Leeds.

Well Dobbie and Barnes play behind the front line, which leaves us with three proper strikers inc the new guy. which is less than all our rivals

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We might get a new player and already people are trying to get rid of some one else, how about keeping them all and getting some kind of competition for places. I for one would like Hoskins given some time in the side. He appears to get a few games as a sub and that's it. Barnes gets half a season and more.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Dobbie is a midfielder. If you say we play 4-5-1 then Barnes is too. If you say we play 4-3-3 need to call Buckley a forward. Take your pick. Either way we have EXACTLY the right number of forward players now with Ulloa signed (assuming Agdestein in not a legit first team regular currently).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We wont see the best out of Dobbie until he has a run of games in the team in Orlandi/Vicente position as attacking central midfielder.

Unfortunately I don't see him getting the chance. Shame as he has quick feet and with match sharpness and confidence I think he would a be a quality player for us.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ship Dobbie out on a free, anywhere, just get rid. Hoskins, whatever we can get for him, He's League One standard at best. Barnes is flexible a and valuable addition to the team, as is CMS, and he is our top scorer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here