Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do you stand on "Tookie" Williams ?

Where do you stand?

• Die - he was an evil man, who formed an evil gang

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • Live - he was stopping others doing the same

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • What are you babbling on about Gritty?

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • "Could do a job."

Votes: 16 16.8%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if all those yanks outside the penitentiary screaming and chanting for his release have considered the relatives of the 4 people Williams murdered ? Somewhere, someone has had to grow up deprived of a brother/sister/mother/father/friend because of his murderous past. Does writing some books absolve him of that responsibility ?

NMH said:
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Errr...he was doing the time.

The point here is state-sponsored execution.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No one deserves to be executed

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
I wonder if all those yanks outside the penitentiary screaming and chanting for his release have considered the relatives of the 4 people Williams murdered ?

He has committed a crime and should pay back his debt to society, the issue is whether that debt includes his life. If he had committed the crime while phoning a mate whilst on his mobile phone driving a car the pain suffered by the victim's family would be no more and no less. However I suspect that fewer of us would have been advocating the death penalty because

1. It is 'crime' that the majority of drivers on NSC could easily have committed

2. We are not black and so don't deserve it anyway.

Surely if he had deserved to die you could have transported some cybermen into his cell and they could have used their death rays on him?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
El Presidente said:
He has committed a crime and should pay back his debt to society, the issue is whether that debt includes his life. If he had committed the crime while phoning a mate whilst on his mobile phone driving a car the pain suffered by the victim's family would be no more and no less. However I suspect that fewer of us would have been advocating the death penalty because

1. It is 'crime' that the majority of drivers on NSC could easily have committed

2. We are not black and so don't deserve it anyway.
He didn't kill 4 people by accident or carelessness though did he. He MURDERED them during the course of a robbery. A concious and deliberate act of malice, fuelled by greed. That is a WORLD away from knocking someone over in a car.

Anyway, I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the death penalty...but I did find it somewhat distasteful how the guy is being treated like some kind of HERO by the placard-bearing rent-a-mob outside the jail. He is a murderer for christs sake.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Just wonder how many of you that say it was wrong to executre this man have said that if Gary Glitter is found guilty he deserves to face the firing squad?

Before you flame me I am anti death penalty

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From CNN:

On February 28, 1979, about 4 a.m., Williams and three friends got high on their psychedelic smokes and took two cars, a 12-gauge shotgun and a .22-caliber handgun to Pomona in search of a place to rob, according to court documents. They ended up at a 7-Eleven where Albert Owens, 26, was working the overnight shift, sweeping the parking lot.

Williams ordered Owens into a back room at gunpoint, shot out a security monitor, then ordered, "Get down on your knees, (expletive)," and shot him twice in the back, according to testimony.

Less than two weeks later, on March 11, Williams broke down the door at the Brookhaven Motel, ripping through four locks and shattering the molding, according to a prosecutor.

Killed were Yen-I Yang, 76; his wife, Tsai-Shai Yang, 63, and their visiting daughter, Yee-Chen Lin, 43. The Taiwanese immigrants were about to sell the business because the neighborhood had become too rough, Martin said.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Ned said:
Just wonder how many of you that say it was wrong to executre this man have said that if Gary Glitter is found guilty he deserves to face the firing squad?

I am hoping that the Vietnamese find him guilty and put him to death with a bullet between the eyes, and we can watch it on the net, and yes I will pay to watch this dirty f***ing perv die

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Ned said:

I am hoping that the Vietnamese find him guilty and put him to death with a bullet between the eyes, and we can watch it on the net, and yes I will pay to watch this dirty f***ing perv die

Easy 10 said:
From CNN:

On February 28, 1979, about 4 a.m., Williams and three friends got high on their psychedelic smokes and took two cars, a 12-gauge shotgun and a .22-caliber handgun to Pomona in search of a place to rob, according to court documents. They ended up at a 7-Eleven where Albert Owens, 26, was working the overnight shift, sweeping the parking lot.

Williams ordered Owens into a back room at gunpoint, shot out a security monitor, then ordered, "Get down on your knees, (expletive)," and shot him twice in the back, according to testimony.

Less than two weeks later, on March 11, Williams broke down the door at the Brookhaven Motel, ripping through four locks and shattering the molding, according to a prosecutor.

Killed were Yen-I Yang, 76; his wife, Tsai-Shai Yang, 63, and their visiting daughter, Yee-Chen Lin, 43. The Taiwanese immigrants were about to sell the business because the neighborhood had become too rough, Martin said.

How about dooing a google trawl on the stuff he's done in the last ten years to steer young people away from the dreadful fate of gang violence?

The point is, this guy was doing some good in these shithole communities that produce violence and despair.

Last edited:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
sullyupthewing said:
OH DEAR THATS TWICE

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
He didn't kill 4 people by accident or carelessness though did he. He MURDERED them during the course of a robbery. A concious and deliberate act of malice, fuelled by greed. That is a WORLD away from knocking someone over in a car.

Agree about the rent a mob with Jesse Jackson at the helm, but with regards to the suffering endured by relatives, it makes no difference what they have to go through regardless of the method in which they are killed.

Here in the UK twats who knock over kids whilst talking to their mates on the phone get 3 points and a fine. A car is just as dangerous weapon as a gun in the wrong hands.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
London Irish said:

How about dooing a google trawl on the stuff he's done in the last ten years to steer young people away from the dreadful fate of gang violence?

The point, this guy was doing some good in these shithole communities that produce violence and despair.
He was doing no good at all,and woolyheads like you fall for his spiel.
I would have given him a box of paracetamol to swallow only 80p.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Incidentally, I didn't include:

Live - I disagree with the Death Penalty

in the poll. because I don't feel that is the debate here. Arnie couldn't overturn the decision on that basis, i was interested to see who feels he should have commuted it to life and who felt he was right to send him to his maker.

Personally, I thought "Could do a job" would do better.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:

The point is, this guy was doing some good in these shithole communities that produce violence and despair.
Well lets face it, he's had a little time on his hands since then hasn't he ? Might as well turn it towards something useful, rather than staring at a wall. Fair play. But I still fail to see how this somehow absolves him from the fact that 4 people met their early demise at his hands.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
El Presidente said:
Agree about the rent a mob with Jesse Jackson at the helm, but with regards to the suffering endured by relatives, it makes no difference what they have to go through regardless of the method in which they are killed.

Here in the UK twats who knock over kids whilst talking to their mates on the phone get 3 points and a fine. A car is just as dangerous weapon as a gun in the wrong hands.
I'm on my 2nd Carling tonight El P, and must be completely missing your point here. There is a big difference between manslaughter and murder. Although the result to the victim is (ultimately) the same, you cannot treat the perpetrator the same surely ? There is a big difference between someone who deliberately kills a person with a weapon, and someone who kills a person in a road accident.

quote: Originally posted by NMH
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

London Irish said:
Errr...he was doing the time.

The point here is state-sponsored execution.

Come ON at the back! 'doing the time' means facing the punishment for the crime.

There are more points than one here LI, have you not been paying attention, or are you too eager to focus an eagle-eye of exactitude into the extremity of one point ?

Are you a critic or something, as someone mentioned? Don't critics try a little too hard to take an extreme view (regardless of whether you are or not) for the sake of getting attention (and ultimately raise their own profile when they themselves are incapable of making anything worth critiqueing).

Measured justice is a subject that is best viewed with measured opinion - otherwise we'd be in a society where women wear burquahs and Withdean would double as a place of execution before the matches.

That tookie got his case reviewed again with a heightened public profile is lucky for him. His hope raised became another blow for him in the end I'm sure.

Thus endeth a lesson for any wanting to follow his suit.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
There is a big difference between someone who deliberately kills a person with a weapon, and someone who kills a person in a road accident.

I am currently on Anal Academy IV on fast forward (thank heavens DVD remotes only need one hand) and am therefore also talking bollocks.

If killing someone is wrong when you could have avoided it, then the sentence should be the same. In 2003 there were 163 gun related deaths in the UK, the lowest for ten years (compared to 346 in 1994)(where there is no death sentence) and 30,242 in the USA, where there is the death penalty.

Someone who gets into a car whilst over the limit and kills someone is just as guilty as a twat with a gun. The pain and anguish they cause to the family of the victim is just as severe, so surely the same penalty applies. There is a world of difference between a genuine accident and someone being negligent through speed, alcohol or texting their mates. A car is a danger to society just as much as a gun. There were 3508 road deaths last year, which proves that you are twenty times more likely to die on the road than if you walk home with an AK-47 over your shoulder. (However we appear to be having an adult debate on the issue, which is against Rule 4 (b) (iii) of the NSC constitution, so I think I should now result to insults and abuse.

Easy 10 has a poo stripe in his pants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here