Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are these 3 new players then?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
2nd to last game before Crewe.Wilkins and White have been going for over 1 month since Forster was signed that we would have 3 more players before the Crewe game.Even if they arrive tommorow,there would be only the Chester game to get a chance to play with their new team mates.We were not very good last year nearly went down and yes we have signed 2 very good players,but sorry its going to take more than Forster and Whing to have us in the top six.The midfield is terrible we are crying out for someone that can pass,and link the midfield to the attack.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't remember seeing McShane playing any pre-season friendlies when he arrived 2 years ago. The first we saw of him was at Derby for the first game of the season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
2nd to last game before Crewe.Wilkins and White have been going for over 1 month since Forster was signed that we would have 3 more players before the Crewe game.Even if they arrive tommorow,there would be only the Chester game to get a chance to play with their new team mates.We were not very good last year nearly went down and yes we have signed 2 very good players,but sorry its going to take more than Forster and Whing to have us in the top six.The midfield is terrible we are crying out for someone that can pass,and link the midfield to the attack.

I would suggest it would take more than Whing and Forster to get in top 10

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think there are still a fair few players hoping for those good offers to come in. now that team photos are being taken and the season is looming large, i expect a few will become a little less picky.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think there are still a fair few players hoping for those good offers to come in. now that team photos are being taken and the season is looming large, i expect a few will become a little less picky.

trouble is, any players who are out of contract will have missed out on a decent pre-season, and will take a while to get up to speed with the rest of the squad - prime example being paul kitson

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
1 hour time in argus on line.ALBION STILL LOOKING FOR NEW PLAYERS.With Wilkins saying we are hoping to bring in new players before Crewe game.Different manager same bullshit as last 3 or 4 seasons

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I would suggest that the signings of Whing and Forster only allow us to be more confident about staying up than we would without them. On their own, they are not going to turn us as a TEAM into anything above mid-way.

Agreed entirely ... the midfield is looking a bit desperate as it stands, need at least one, preferably two to come in there.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Did they guarantee it?! Three players is something the management team thought we needed/think we need and were going to aspire to fulfil that. Should we kidnap three players?!

Go back over the last month argus online.Wilkins and White state many times that we will have new players in before the Crewe game and what postion these players play in.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It's interesting that virtually every person on this site can see we need at least one new midfielder, preferably too. The question is, does Wilkins? My fear is that I am starting to believe he genuinely thinks El Abd is going to be good enough to be first choice all year.

its not just that midfield ball winning role that el-abd plays that we need someone in though

a creative midfield player is also a must. we are risking too much on cox being the player he was at the start of last season, robinson actually working out as a wide man and reid getting fit. there is no point in having a goalscorer in forster if we cant supply them with anything

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
every club wants new players so getting the right one and then making him join here, where he can be promised a fan base who say he is not good enough, is a tough job. Why is it always so negative on here?
A player could turn up tomorrow or 30 August stop moaning and support the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here