Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are these 3 new players then?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
He played a full 90 mins at Hastings. It was his shot that Gatting headed in for the goal.

worrying given we only have one friendly left

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Reid has played far too little of pre-season to be in contention for Crewe I would think. Also, I wonder when we will finally see Hinshelwood again. He got pronounced fit and ready to start pre-season, but from what I have seen he hasn't played any part at all after picking up a new injury. There's only so many injuries one player can have before it starts to take the piss.

and those are "two of our new signings" according to wilkins:jester:

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
Reid has played far too little of pre-season to be in contention for Crewe I would think. Also, I wonder when we will finally see Hinshelwood again. He got pronounced fit and ready to start pre-season, but from what I have seen he hasn't played any part at all after picking up a new injury. There's only so many injuries one player can have before it starts to take the piss.
Not really. He's had his serious knee problems - any more of those and it might start to become a question. But he's just come back from a serious long term injury, it is not unusual to pick up smaller ones when you do that, nothing to do with taking the piss.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Badger you do have a way with words.
So do you want to chuck Hinshelwood on the scrap heap then?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Reid is a decent midfielder and hopefully he'll be fit. It all seems to have gone very quiet on the Dean Bowditch front and he 's signed a new contract with Ipswich. I wonder if Wilkins is thinking of a loan move for him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hinshlewood was fantastic in our first season in the championship, and he could of gone onto win player of the year had he of managed to stay fit

trouble is, he is now missed the majority of the last two seasons. when kitson missed half a season, he was written off and ridiculed by the fans. hinshlewoods lack of action is extremely worrying, especially given the history of injuries in his family

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
hinshlewood was fantastic in our first season in the championship, and he could of gone onto win player of the year had he of managed to stay fit

trouble is, he is now missed the majority of the last two seasons. when kitson missed half a season, he was written off and ridiculed by the fans. hinshlewoods lack of action is extremely worrying, especially given the history of injuries in his family
Well if Adam was playing in Martin's era than his career would be in serious doubt, in this day and age it isn't. Kitson was different, he was out with little things, knocks, sprains, broken fingernails etc. He was a waster, nothing like Hinsh.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Well if Adam was playing in Martin's era than his career would be in serious doubt, in this day and age it isn't. Kitson was different, he was out with little things, knocks, sprains, broken fingernails etc. He was a waster, nothing like Hinsh.

kitson had recurring back trouble - hinshlewood has recurring knee troubles. the only difference between the two of them is that hinshlewood is a player with potential, whom it is worth perservering with, and is i imagine on a cheap wage

oh, and not forgetting kitson was the predecesor of mccammon and henderson in being that seasons scapegoat

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
I didn't mean to say that HE was taking the piss. Of course it's not his fault, and I'm sure he does his best to recover each time. I just meant that if these knee problems KEEP repeating themselves then we are being mugged of a wage that could be consistently used elsewhere.
I would guess that is where insurance comes in.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, it's always good to have one isn't it! I wonder who this season's will be. Based on what I've read, I would probably offer the following odds:

4/6 El Abd
5/2 Robinson
3/1 Mayo
5/1 Michel
5/1 Loft

el-abd and robinson have to be up there, and if loft gets a run then i would have him as well. mayo is obviously in there, as he is every year

if you are going to have kuipers in the list, then the flip side of the coin is obviously to have "new keeper" in there as well

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If noone appeals against Falmer then we are going to have loads of this club bashing

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
if reid can get fit then i think he will be like a new signing, when he is playing well he is a class act, and i stil have his sock from the playoff final so i might be just a little bit biased

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here