Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are these 3 new players then?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You could say this season's squad has been put together on a Whing and a player...

:coat:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It's an extremely interesting battle. Just to amuse myself, at the start of the season I always pick one player I am going to abuse and one player I am going to support regardless of how bad they are. Totally childish I know, but it brings some entertainment during the winter days at Withdean as I try to convince an F blocker that Mayo is the new Pele, or that we should release Lynch immediately. Last season I went for Henderson and Hammond respectively (and Hammond made the support easy!).

please tell me you are taking the piss, you go out of your way to have a go at a player no matter how they are playing. Possibly one of the most ridiculous things i've read on here and that says something

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I said it before and I'll say it again.... it's going to be Lofty's year.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
I'm extremely concerned, we played one of our strongest teams against Woking, and we only draw. The team as it stands wont be able to mount a serious play off challenge.

I'm extremely concerned, that some fans take friendly results so seriously.

:nono:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
its not just that midfield ball winning role that el-abd plays that we need someone in though

a creative midfield player is also a must. we are risking too much on cox being the player he was at the start of last season, robinson actually working out as a wide man and reid getting fit. there is no point in having a goalscorer in forster if we cant supply them with anything

Which is precisely why we need TWO midfielders. One dominant central player to win the ball and dictate play, and a wide man who has some creative talents.

If El-Abd is going to play the a midfield ball winning type roll, we'll need a third midfielder as cover the for the 50% of the season that he is suspended.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
the team needs improvement or its relegation scrap here we come..the last ten games last season we were on the slide and that needs to be reversed

Sorry to say it but I think the team would would do better under a different manager. How long will we put up with the shapeless garbage of last season?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I believe Wendy knows we need to strengthen in the middle of the park, but has so far not managed to get any midfield player to sign... he needs to get a fcuking move on.. we are seriously lacking in that area...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
before the crash at the end of the season we were playing well and heading towards the playoffs we have now got a experienced striker in and Whing who plays well in this league so who is to say we can not repeat the good spell?

Go back over the last month argus online.Wilkins and White state many times that we will have new players in before the Crewe game and what postion these players play in.

Are you 100% sure that we will have new players in before Crewe?
Or were they saying they are hoping to have three new players in before Crewe?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
3 new players...????

Was it Wlikins who said "its like having 3 new players", with Reid, Hinshelwood and Oatway ?

Looking good now isn,t it......

Oatway retired

Hishelwood injured.....again

Reid......? Will he ever play ...?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I didn't mean to say that HE was taking the piss. Of course it's not his fault, and I'm sure he does his best to recover each time. I just meant that if these knee problems KEEP repeating themselves then we are being mugged of a wage that could be consistently used elsewhere.

This injury isn't in his knee

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We just keep paying injured player out of respect..basically wasting are meagre resources on players who never play again...Rodgers...blackwell...oatway....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We just keep paying injured player out of respect..basically wasting are meagre resources on players who never play again...Rodgers...blackwell...oatway....

Resources are from insurances for injured players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which is precisely why we need TWO midfielders. One dominant central player to win the ball and dictate play, and a wide man who has some creative talents.

Wrong!!! we need 1 creative midfielder as EL Abd or Fraser will do the holding /ball winning midfielder role as good as any in this division. We need a man to put the balls through to the front men whether he be out on the wing in a diamond formation or in central midfield.

Us oldies remember the type of player we need when we had Denis Mortimer here to feed Frank Worthington, I think it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here