Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] When you first joined NSC

What were you ?

• Total voters

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Been here since 2003. Love it but rarely post unless doing the score predictions. Great forum and very thankful for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Did a year in Australia in 1999 and signed up then to keep track of all things Albion while I was out there. I remember some classic trolls like Seagulleater, Watford O and Taffy. Taffy was my favourite for pure egg on face with his "we ain't coming for a poxy point" thread.

Hilarious.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
'98 or '99. As others have said you didn't have to register in the 'old days' and I made a couple of one-line posts under a few names. I knew of its existence before then, but being an IT professional and comms programmer who used the internet (not just the web) for proper grown-up work I had a bit of a misplaced superiority complex towards 'hobby' sites. 'No good can possibly come of ordinary people filling up servers with irrelevant crap' I thought. Even Fans Utd couldn't completely kill that attitude.

However I eventually realised I was being a bit old-fashioned and a bit of an arse and by about 2000 or 2001 I was a regular posting as 'old fat and bald' (ofab). Rather like the Albion NSC had a bit of a precarious existence in those days. It was often changing formats and servers, occasionally even going off-line when the bills got too high, before eventually settling down as you see it today nearly twenty years ago. (Twenty years!) Like others I've taken breaks for various reasons, but I always come back. I don't 'do' social media (maybe I wasn't so wrong after all) so this is pretty much it for me as far as online interaction is concerned.

Also I just want to say that over the years I've disagreed, argued, fallen out, traded abuse, etc etc with almost all the regular posters on this site, but in the times when we've met up in real life (usually through REMF events or the sponsored matches NSC used to do) I can safely say there isn't a single person it hasn't been an absolute pleasure to meet.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I lurked for a bit but I didn't like it much - it was hard to follow threads and there appeared to be rather a lot of racism

I bumped into Wozza (and, I think Manx Seagull himself) at the Orient game in Dec 1996 and they persuaded me to go back - he said it was a bit better now

It wasn't perfect but I jumped right in ... I don't think I was Gwylan until a bit later though

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I jumped straight in (on pre 2003 NSC) after a short lurk and have been posting shite ever since, as my post count testifies. Given that Stat is taking a break I fear I may have the biggest post count now too :down:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I jumped straight in (on pre 2003 NSC) after a short lurk and have been posting shite ever since, as my post count testifies. Given that Stat is taking a break I fear I may have the biggest post count now too :down:

90% shite 😂

You do have some gems……

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Straight in. For better or worse.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Lurked for ages, before I wasted the rest of my life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Some blasts from the past on those old threads.

There was some truly tremendous stuff posted during the Gory Years, when we were fighting to get the stadium. NSC played a part in that in helping galvanise the fans. And none moreso than our dearly departed Lord B, who would patiently interpret every panic-laden headline and piece of news, put it into laymans terms for us all, and calm us all down. NSC at its very best IMO.

I've been an utter GOON from the start, obvs.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I think i originally joined in 2001 under the username brighton_b0y (i had to change this username as 20 years on, i am no longer a boy). The site then changed which is why everyone looks like they joined Aug 2003. I was away then so joined a month or two later.

I love NSC. It has had 20 years of my life. It reminds me of my younger days. I joined about the time i met my current partner. NSC only has happy memories for me.

Whether it's a serious post about Anxiety or posting on a thread full of beautiful ladies (massively missed) i genuinely feel like i post about anything on NSC, and the response are always second to none. I have never and will never join another board.

I do miss the old NSC Withdean banner.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I joined up on a day I had been rained off from work. I thought it might just while away an hour.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I can't really remember, but I was a regular poster on Brightonfans.com which was an alternative forum at the time, and a lurker on Northstandpolls which was a rebel forum where anything went.

Kay

Banned
Sep 21, 2022
I have only just joined mainly because i haven't been around and had access to a computer. I have been able to lurk on a smart phone but when its not all singing and dancing it loads so slowly i give up after a while. Im playing catch up reading it all. When you've been reliant on radio and papers for a while its quite overwhelming. What i have noticed very quickly is how so many people appear to throw insults and one another, when its not obvious to me its an invasion of other supporters just opinions differ that some people seem to object to so I would be more interested in the poll asked about do you hold back posting things because of the reaction you anticipate you will get?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here