Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] When you first joined NSC

What were you ?

• Total voters

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
cant remember what I did last month......so how am I supposed to rememder 2003?

This 😂

I think I originally joined as Harty in the early part of the century, but back in the annals of time I seem to recall around August 2010 some trolling getting out of hand, along with a beer or two and then my Internet abuser threatening to come round my house and was prepared ‘to do time for me’.

He never turned up, but after chatting it through with the ever supportive Bozza I felt it might be time to take a break, and then I returned with my fanzine nom de plume at a later date.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I’m a man of few words!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
All guns blazing with high school love poetry and going on about Deep Purple and Ritchie Blackmore.

Around 1996/97 - old school nsc.

Oh ! those halcyon days of yore.

Me, myself and I and... wait for it...

DAVE THE EAGLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a legend.

Simpler times. Ahem.

I had an arch nsc nemesis back then... probably says quite a bit about my age and my preference for adventure books. Lol.

Kosh

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This 😂

I think I originally joined as Harty in the early part of the century, but back in the annals of time I seem to recall around August 2010 some trolling getting out of hand, along with a beer or two and then my Internet abuser threatening to come round my house and was prepared ‘to do time for me’.

He never turned up, but after chatting it through with the ever supportive Bozza I felt it might be time to take a break, and then I returned with my fanzine nom de plume at a later date.

Didn't you spend a little time with Aphex Twin, cleaning windows? ??? :wink:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Did it not start in 97 or 98? It was an absolute mess with racist idiots like FG trolling like oafs.

Ah, but there was beauty secreted therein too... alas twas oft hidden, or indeed lost, betwixt nine foot high purple letters...

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Lurking seriously since 2006 when Mark McGhee got the chop after a loss at Bristol City. I was sad for him as the play-off final in Cardiff remains my favourite ever match and day out. Digressing, I watched a Leon Knight podcast recently with a bunch of northerners presenting. He didn't have one good word to say about McGhee. But then Leon Knight fell out with every single manager apart from Steve Coppell it seems.

The humour back then was razor sharp but NSC was intimidating for newcomers I sometimes saw.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm sure I'd joined last century, but couldn't remember who I was. Didn't post much either, as I thought you lot were a right bunch of *****.
I then joined properly when I realised I was right about most of you!:whistle:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Was a Peeping Tom for 2-3 years before signing up.
Then posted quite a lot for the first couple of years, including mostly a lot of crap.
Now back to just being a lurker for the most part.

I feel the forum/social climate has changed quite a lot over the past 4-5 years and just don't feel massively enthused about posting much anymore or being involved.
However, there's still a lot of really great valuable information to be found here from some great posters, and I browse every day.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Came to look. Signed up and made a few posts then left.
Came back but had forgotten my sign-in so started a new account.
Got addicted.
Left.
Came back somewhat less addicted (but still view every day if don’t post so much).

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Lurked, then came in like a steam train, took umbrage at a comment which was pretty normal for NSC as I was at a real low point in my life, flounced, disappeared, then came back once I was in a better place....

I love it on here. As with every internet forum it has the worst and the best of people - but you're a bloody funny bunch and I'm glad I'm here. :drink:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When i was around 13, perhaps 15 years prior to finding this gaseous porcupine of a retirement home, a teacher read an environmentalist poem i'd written and said i had a way with words, and could one day be a writer. As with so many of my era and before, compliments were rare throughout youth, so that one i clung to, and used it as a future certainty to softly quell the disaster that usually trudged its way through my thinking. I dared speak on here, NSC, within a day or two of lumbering in, i think, but just as Miss Woodman had all those disdainful years ago, Bozza, i believe, gave a modicum of approval to my first utterance as Meade, so here i remain. Blame Bozza, i say.
Signed
Bozzarenstein's Monster

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I never really did any vague type of social media thingy until the last ten years or so which was when I ‘discovered’ NSC and then lurked for several years before eventually joining. Worryingly I’m now hooked!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I loitered for ages before I jumped in…..

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Mailing list and then Gary's site in '97 i think. Was a number of identities back then before being forced to create a sign in for NSC. Was a youngster back then and it's been fits and starts since. 25 years knowing a few names on here, ffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here