Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Interesting that that was a time before Farage/Robinson really got going in stoking things up.

Just goes to show, there was no past idyll in this land.

[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION], I just tried to send you a PM that was to see how you're doing pal but your inbox is completely full. Are you Uncle Spielberg in disguise when he was organising the Robert Eaton memorial match each year? :)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
When i was around 13, perhaps 15 years prior to finding this gaseous porcupine of a retirement home, a teacher read an environmentalist poem i'd written and said i had a way with words, and could one day be a writer. As with so many of my era and before, compliments were rare throughout youth, so that one i clung to, and used it as a future certainty to softly quell the disaster that usually trudged its way through my thinking. I dared speak on here, NSC, within a day or two of lumbering in, i think, but just as Miss Woodman had all those disdainful years ago, Bozza, i believe, gave a modicum of approval to my first utterance as Meade, so here i remain. Blame Bozza, i say.
Signed
Bozzarenstein's Monster

I did try to hold a candle, truly I did.

Alas, the flame would flicker and die when met with the breath of my youthful hubris.

From there I fell into darkness.

Awash in a celestial sea,
Light years from the nearest point of light...

What was I to do?
Hearth or hell I could not tell,
Yet the light, it called me...

In the millennia that passed,
I swam and swam... and the strength of my youth ebbed.

‘Til I came upon the light.

It blinded my ageing eyes,
And I surrendered to blissful delirium.

Then, after what seemed like a lifetime,
I awoke... wrapped in a blanket,
With a fire at my feet,
The chair caressed my aching bones.

I began to sleep,
Then faintly, almost imperceptible to my ears...

I heard the song.

I knew then, I had met my doom.

Like all the rest.

Awash on the needle sharp rocks.
Another soul, another heart.

Lulled by the siren.

Kosh

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Lurked for about 5 years before registering. Would usually just visit before and after matches to see opinions of performance.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Was FG actually a racist?

I always found him entertaining especially when he phoned in when I was on the wireless.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Signed up and lurked a fair bit at first, but then got a little confused with the language - binfest was a word bandied about with gay abandon, and there were other words and phrases I had to get my head around (or they dropped out of use) before I felt a bit more confident to add my occasional whitterings.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can’t really remember, but I think I signed up and posted tentatively at first, it can be quite intimidating for new posters.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I lurked for a bit, then decided to sign up around the time of Wacko Jacko's passing, hence the name.

It's a bit weird seeing as I'm not a fan, nor a hater (except for the kiddie fiddling, obvs, but no more than the next man).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, but there was beauty secreted therein too... alas twas oft hidden, or indeed lost, betwixt nine foot high purple letters...

Even Stevie Wonder can see you aren't Kurt Angle ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Signed up and lurked a fair bit at first, but then got a little confused with the language - binfest was a word bandied about with gay abandon, and there were other words and phrases I had to get my head around (or they dropped out of use) before I felt a bit more confident to add my occasional whitterings.

One of my favourites was Melt. It was an insult, but I liked it as it made me think of lovely cheese on toast under the grill with some seasoning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was FG actually a racist?

I always found him entertaining especially when he phoned in when I was on the wireless.

I remember hearing him phoning you on the wireless. Said he was from Burgess Hill so I recall.

On NSC, yes, yes he was racist and a troll. Or 'old school' as it was once known.

:shrug:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Signed up around 2000/2001 time when it was on pro-boards software or something similar. Possibly YaBB?

Did have an account on here when the forum moved to new software (in 03?) but tried multiple passwords/email addresses and seems that account is now lost in the ether.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did try to hold a candle, truly I did.

Alas, the flame would flicker and die when met with the breath of my youthful hubris.

From there I fell into darkness.

Awash in a celestial sea,
Light years from the nearest point of light...

What was I to do?
Hearth or hell I could not tell,
Yet the light, it called me...

In the millennia that passed,
I swam and swam... and the strength of my youth ebbed.

‘Til I came upon the light.

It blinded my ageing eyes,
And I surrendered to blissful delirium.

Then, after what seemed like a lifetime,
I awoke... wrapped in a blanket,
With a fire at my feet,
The chair caressed my aching bones.

I began to sleep,
Then faintly, almost imperceptible to my ears...

I heard the song.

I knew then, I had met my doom.

Like all the rest.

Awash on the needle sharp rocks.
Another soul, another heart.

Lulled by the siren.

Kosh

Evening, Meatloaf :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here