Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Storer scored - where were you?

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
When Storer scored

I know we've done Hereford, and we've done those great days since when we were lifting silverware every few weeks (or so it seemed!). But where were you when Storer banged it into the top right corner? Where were you when The Goldstone gave it's biggest roar, if not of it's history, then it must have been damn near close?

Were you at The Goldstone or where you listening on the radio? Where you in Brighton or were you miles away? Were you within hearing distance when the North Stand erupted, or were you overseas waiting for the BBC World Service to fill you in at full time? Were you on The North Stand signing "1-0 to the Orient" or were you stuck in East London with a flat tire?

It was a huge day, and will forever be as important as Hereford away - after all, if we'd folded and not got maximum points and Hereford had won, or even got a point, we'd have been down. Hereford away may have been judgement day, but Doncaster at home made it so.

For the record, I was at the back of the North Stand - where were you?

Last edited:

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I was in one of those little box things at the front of the seating in the West Stand. I was in the southern most box so was down by the goal.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
North Stand, pretty much in the middle behind the goal with the other lads in the Hailsham crew (as usual).

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
In The North Stand, after jibbing it into the ground!!

As they came onto the pitch,anyone remember The Albion throwing Mini Footballs into the crowd?

Orms threw his into The North Stand and straight into my hands!

Still have the ball to this day!!:clap:

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my mates had just paid a tout £40 to get in which me and his brother didn't have.

Next thing some bloke told us to follow him (oo-er) which we did and before I knew it, there were 5 of us on the roof of some place outside the West Stand watching the game through the gap in the North West corner. Seemed a pretty good idea until about 40 other people joined us on the roof and it started to creak...an announcement went over the tannoy to 'GET DOWN OFF THAT ROOF!' When SS scored I thought we were all going to go through it.

Asked a copper to help me down who refused so ended up waiting until the very end of the game and then having to climb/jump down onto a Wadham Kenning van. What a bloody day though! :thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
250 miles away and watching Grandstand and teletext every few minutes :cry:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Trigger said:
Listening somewhere in Lewes on a radio thanks to some skinny twat with glasses.

didn't tony millard give you a 'shout out'?

i 'watched' the 1st half from the corner near the church. for the second half we thought we'd be better off near a radio, so went back home. classic commentary, just shouting STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORER!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On the East terrace towards the South stand. Great view of the goal.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
On the North West terrace in front of where the Lego Stand used to be. A day that was both happy and sad.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I was right near the front of the east terrace near the south corner flag so had quite a good view of that goal:) I had chicken pox at the time too :p

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Back row of the West Stand. The only game I've ever seen without paying.

When I couldn't get a ticket because the game was a sell out, a mate of mine approached his contacts at Crawley Town and got me a complimentary one!

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Old Shoreham Road behind the North Stand. There was a row of ob on one side and probably 200 on the other side. Mad
Brighton fan with green hair, people must have seeen him around, not quite all there and walks round in his army gear, anyway hew walks forward and ob grab hold of him. Someone shouts 'Let him go, he's got green hair' They did! Comical. All we could hear was a massive roar so we knew we had scored, people were dancing round, sliding on the mud on Hove park, amazing scenes. They let everyone into the North/West corner with about 5 minutes to go.

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Almost a year before the match I had booked a cruise holiday round the Med, so I was in my cabin on SS Oriana at Palermo, Sicily.

I had my mobile phone almost permanently connected to my son's phone, both voice and text - he was in the North Stand. I had the radio on BBC World Service so was able to tell him the latest on Orient-Hereford.

The ship arrived back at Southampton on the morning of the Hereford match. My daughter picked my wife and I up and took my wife home to Sussex, and I was dropped at Rownhams service station where a bus full of my mates picked me up to take me to Hereford!

Whew!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I was sat at home sulking as I didn't get my arse in gear to go and then went mental divning across my bed and almost breaking my back when he scored.

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
:clap2:

East Stand, half way line. Great view of both the game and those hanging off branches, roofs, etc

Mixed emotions that day :) :(

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
In the North Stand. When the ball finally went in,there seemed to be a delay in the reaction of the North Stand. Unbelievable.
I have the picture of that goal hanging on the wall. Still sends shivers down the spine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here