sweet tobacco

mojo's

patrick boots

aluminium studs

horse linament

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Churchill Square- Saturday mornings going to the Solarium for early lunch and then to Tesco to get bought a star was figure

Or

London road- mum getting fish from the open market, then us going to the cafe on the corner of Oxford street off london road opposite boots and then heading to the co-op and going in the osterich ride in the foyer.

Happy days - loved being a kid in Brighton!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

from memory the cafe did a great milkshake

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Which one was Beaky? Was that Edwards, or Whitehead (c*nt)?

I think it was Edwards-only ever remember the sadistic twunt as Beaky. Tall gangly bully with a nose like a parrot's beak.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thanks Race.

Linament - aaah now there's a memory for the old olfactory senses. Takes you straight back to Saturday afternoon's all those years ago and the players running down the tunnel on to the pitch absolutely slathered in the stuff. God you can feel the adrenalin rising just thinking about that smell. It WAS Saturday afternoons.
Replaced by cologne and the like nowadays I suspect.......................... funny they never seemed to get hamstring injury after hamstring injury either or is that the selective memory that comes with age :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A couple for 80s/90s primary school kids:

[yt]Tun7y41Gruw[/yt]

[yt]D7qOvNcE4TA[/yt]

And less educationally, my favourite kds TV show EVER:

[yt]ImIIrzOBxNk[/yt]

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Cigarette Vending Machines

Woodbines and Player's Weights-packs of 5 for the kids, 10s for the mums.

Strawberry Milk from a vending machine outside Portslade Post Office-perfect at 2am after a heavy night.

NHS Orange Juice

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
National Anthem on the telly before going to a dot......oh and those test cards when the programs finished around midnight.....

You have called the seagull line 8049 the number for Albion information every day 24 hours a day.
God knows why I remember the number and the opening recorded message.
Not sure if I am correct but I think it was Tony Millard doing the talking.
Late 70s early 80s ?

Certainly after 1983 and for a good while after that. Allowing fans to get information about the Club on a normal rate number, what where they thinking of? Another phone related one was the code (193??) that, if you dialled into a phone, made it ring. Remember having a lot of fun (alchohol assisted) with this one night at a friend's house - he had advertised for someone to house share and a particularly tasty female had applied and promised to ring him back that evening - you probably had to be there to appreciate it.

Echo the views of a previous poster - we need more totally pointless threads like this!!

PS - The main thing on here that caused a "gosh, I had forgotten about those" moment was the mention of the cigarette stubbers on the bus seat backs - youngsters probably can't comprehend that it was A ok to smoke on the bus and B the company provided facilities to put you fag out and were presumably ok with it being dropped on the floor afterwards.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Taking the order book to the Coop and groceries being delivered on a Saturday morning completely with divi. Then at Christmas cashing in the divi and spending it on Christmas goodies.

Later on green shield stamps started in other shops and outlets.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How about 4d (old pennies) and all that press button A if your call was answered and press button B to get your money back if it wasn't.

Sorry 0 somebody else already got there, but how about things like No Hiding Place, Perry Mason, Z-Cars (with Brian Blessed), and the original Avengers with Honor Blackman as Cathy Gale.

And Saturday Club on the radio (light programme, before radios 1 and 2 etc), with people like Kiki Dee (before she was famous) doing live versions of other people's hits.

And jumpers for goalposts, before Ron Manager ever thought of it.

I think it was Edwards-only ever remember the sadistic twunt as Beaky. Tall gangly bully with a nose like a parrot's beak.

Yeah, I think that was Edwards. He had a thing about causing pain with the cane, and apparently (since I never got the cane), he would play games such as pinging the lampshade before every stroke of the stick.
Happily, such things have been outlawed in schools - I mean the things teachers got away with back then were outrageous!
One Biology teacher was boffing a 14year-old in my year, and the same teacher's throwing of the blackboard's wooden eraser thing was incredibly dangerous.
There were a couple of other deviants too, like obviously the PE teacher had to be a letching bender - happikly he had no idea who attended his class and who didn't, because he was too lazy to do a roll-call, so we skived every time, for years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here