Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When i was a kid-a bygone era.

Feb 14, 2010
Going abroad on a school trip for the first time and trying to be polite about being given a bread roll for breakfast, then getting home to have the biggest fry up with about 3 cups of tea. I miss not having a clue about travelling, but enjoying the adventure.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
the original chopper bike, bloody big and clumsy thing is was too.
two favourite chocolate were Ice Breaker and Aztec
the PG tips song Saturday morning pictures.
the 50 bob note, felt rich with one of those in your hands lol

10 bob? Don't remember a 50.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Going abroad on a school trip for the first time and trying to be polite about being given a bread roll for breakfast, then getting home to have the biggest fry up with about 3 cups of tea. I miss not having a clue about travelling, but enjoying the adventure.

Crikey! :lolol:

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Tiswas and the Phantom Flan Flinger......!

Look n Learn "comic"

Policemen with Manners

2p Bus fare to school

BOAC junior jet club

other than that - too senile to remember !

This
images

replaced with this

images

Funny how the design was heavily influenced by the the old Viaduct & i believe the clock(not in sight on either picture) from the old building in the top picture,is now on the front of Sainsburys

The work of the legendary Nimrod Ping.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The work of the legendary Nimrod Ping.

It's quite a building really,modern a bit of an eyesore to some and not everybody's cup of tea,but looking beyond that and seeing it for what it is,with it's arches and dark brick,the glass/plastic covered areas-it's like a railway station..

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Do they still have saturday matinee (sp?) at the cinema? Was just totally mad with hundreds of screaming and mischevious kids.......!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Nov 20, 2003
hove
only being allowed on the cheap side at hove dogs fireworks and donkey derby at withdean school sports day was competitive in middle school watching for schools programs at home when you were ill Watch words and pictures reading with lenny the lion ect bowling at king alfread

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
only being allowed on the cheap side at hove dogs fireworks and donkey derby at withdean school sports day was competitive in middle school watching for schools programs at home when you were ill Watch words and pictures reading with lenny the lion ect bowling at king alfread

The common side/East stand or however it was known before it was pulled down.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Used to take what seemed like ages to ring home with 5 of the 6 numbers being an 8 or 0 :lol:

Yeah,cold as well in those things,always had broken windows,stank of piss(some things never change) and like you say-dialling numbers required effort

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here