Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When filling your kettle, which tap do you fill it from & does it make a difference?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Of course you can! Unless it's been languishing there for days, that water will be even safer than the fresh cold water from your kitchen tap.

Nope! Tastes funny when you reboil it. Maybe safer but it don't taste right I tell ya

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Straight from the bog me, gives coffee an extra bit of flavour

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Nope! Tastes funny when you reboil it. Maybe safer but it don't taste right I tell ya

You shouldn't use reboiled water for making tea, boiling the water removes some of the oxygen in the water. Tea requires boiling oxygenated water for the chemical reaction to take place which produces a perfect pot/cup of tea. Got that from a tea manufacturer (Twynings I think) on a tv programme.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
You shouldn't use reboiled water for making tea, boiling the water removes some of the oxygen in the water. Tea requires boiling oxygenated water for the chemical reaction to take place which produces a perfect pot/cup of tea. Got that from a tea manufacturer (Twynings I think) on a tv programme.

:thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My live-in girlfriend uses the hot water tap to fill the kettle and too many times fills an empty glass from the cold tap in the bathroom. Thanks to her ways she's from a third world country: Spain. She brushes her teeth nine times a day too and my theory is that it's purely down to how many germs she coats her gnashers with everytime she drinks and her subconscious screams her to cleanse. I never accept a hot drink from her.
If you saw us you'd identify me as the filthy one too. Which i am deep down.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
My live-in girlfriend uses the hot water tap to fill the kettle and too many times fills an empty glass from the cold tap in the bathroom. Thanks to her ways she's from a third world country: Spain. She brushes her teeth nine times a day too and my theory is that it's purely down to how many germs she coats her gnashers with everytime she drinks and her subconscious screams her to cleanse. I never accept a hot drink from her.
If you saw us you'd identify me as the filthy one too. Which i am deep down.

:lol: another brilliant post!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCA27G219.jpg :thumbsup:

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Cold - straight from the mains.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
If you have a combi boiler, or a direct water system, than all cold taps are fed directly from the rising main, and are potable.

If you have a combi boiuler, then your hot water is fed directly from the rising main... through the boiler. i.e. it hasn't been sat in a tank somewhere, and is as potable as the cold supply.

If you have an indirect water system, (hot water cylinder and cold water tank in the loft), then you should only drink from the kitchen tap, as that is the only garunteed potable water in the house.

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
How much does it cost - I notice that they say 'call for details' which always makes me think it costs a bleeding bomb.

The Cleone water purifier was £1200 plus VAT
The Eceau wave was £1150 plus VAT

Sounds expensive, but after drinking the purified water I avoid tap water whenever possible.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
the cold, but let it run through a bit or the water tastes like shit (metaphorically of course, it's not a sewage pipe...... oh wait)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here