Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

when el abd goes down

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
usually, loads of people around me like to believe he's innocent and swear at the ref. Then a couple of times I shout stop f***ing play acting, and everyone glares. Then he gets back up and sprints to get the ball back.

Greatness right there, it's a riot! :lol:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
usually, loads of people around me like to believe he's innocent and swear at the ref. Then a couple of times I shout stop f***ing play acting, and everyone glares. Then he gets back up and sprints to get the ball back.

Greatness right there, it's a riot! :lol:
He does what all professionals do, stays down until the offender gets booked:shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Unfortunately its an epidemic in the modern game. So many examples recently where players are blatantly conning officials, by either going down with no contact or clutching their faces after a minor blow.

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona should be a great game of football to watch with fantastic players on each side, however it turns into a disgraceful spectacle with players on each side acting like cheating school kids. Time for Fifa to act and try to stamp out blatant cheating.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] - Adam El Abd's conduct is very often embarrassing in the extreme, which is a massive shame as he's a fantastic player for us.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Unfortunately its an epidemic in the modern game. So many examples recently where players are blatantly conning officials, by either going down with no contact or clutching their faces after a minor blow.

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona should be a great game of football to watch with fantastic players on each side, however it turns into a disgraceful spectacle with players on each side acting like cheating school kids. Time for Fifa to act and try to stamp out blatant cheating.

Pepe pissed me off majorly during that El Clasico, it's definitely a problem in football....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I agree with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] - Adam El Abd's conduct is very often embarrassing in the extreme, which is a massive shame as he's a fantastic player for us.

He must have spent time studying Tano. Although Tano goes down screaming after soft tackle, rolls about, gets the physio on, limps to the side wincing, jogs tentatively back on before resuming play with a massive reducer on the opposition right winger.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
No it's bad fair play but it makes my day.

Big Cuddly Pandas.

He does what all professionals do, stays down until the offender gets booked:shrug:
There was an incident in the 2nd half today when one of the 'borough players got a bit of a battering in a clash, and I was surprised when the ref just played on. The guy got up in a few seconds and started running, but I bet if the ref had blown he'd have lapped up the attention from the trainer!
I thought Tomlin's dive near our end was a pretty amateurish attempt.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the foul on el -abd that led to our first goal could easily have been a red .........studs up , both feet off the ground . that is all.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Am I the only one who wondered what avenue the OP was going down after reading that title??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But all the time we gain an advantage, El Abd isn't going to change, and why should he.

Would Lambert have been sent off, if El Abd hadn't been an arse for the previous hour?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
After Bmuff at home last season when tommy got an elbow to the side of his head and stayed on his feet to play the ball forwards and got nothing for the elbow I don't blame Adam for over acting a bit tbh

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
It is embarrassing. It is this sort of thing that gets the home fans chanting* about us always cheating.

I hate it when opponents make a meal of strong tackles, and I don't like it any less when one of ours does it.

* obviously not at Peterborough where they don't make a sound about anything all game

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
But all the time we gain an advantage, El Abd isn't going to change, and why should he.

Would Lambert have been sent off, if El Abd hadn't been an arse for the previous hour?
Pains me to say but it is so true. Without El Abd's antivs rolling around on the floor Lambert would not have reacted in the way he did and we probably would not have beaten Southampton 3 - 0.

There is very little reason for players to stay on there feet and free kicks, yellow and red cards have become such a big part of the game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I find it all the more bizarre that El Abd sees himself as an enforcer tough man type and spends half his life bulking himself up at the gym. That's when he is not drinking protein shakes or getting more tattoos. Yet, he rolls around like a fairy at the first opportunity. I bet if I flicked him in the street he would not collapse.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Sorry that's nonsense. There was one dirty game last season. Hardly surprising in a derby. 9 times out of 10 the football is amazing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

But do we gain an advantage? Later in the game the ref might just remember the play-acting and lean towards the opposition on a crucial decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here