Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] What's your solution to Brighton's litter problem?

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I'm being 100% honest when I say pay to recycle.

Eg.
£0.05 per can
£0.15 per (wine sized) bottle
£0.10 per 100gr plastic

Amounts to be determined, but surely this would reduce the problem by a huge amount. Even if it were the less fortunate collecting discarded refuse from parks, beaches etc.

Why would this be a bad idea? I see it as a countrywide scheme

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You can bring up politics if it is relevant AND aligns with the views of the mods and the Tory right wing bias of the board (hence the racists are still allowed on here).

Do you purposely try and get yourself banned from threads and the board ? Or do you just get some sexual gratification from acting like a prick ?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's too simplistic just to call everyone a selfish idiot.

Anytime there's a big event on the beach it ends up covered in litter. Existing bins in between the piers aren't enough, they need to add some big temporary skips at the bottom of west street and have stewards and signs to educate people how to use them.

Obviously banning outsiders is another solution and I'm sure many on here would love to do it, but it's not viable.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You can bring up politics if it is relevant AND aligns with the views of the mods and the Tory right wing bias of the board (hence the racists are still allowed on here).

Never mind all that, I'm not interested in seeing a political argument on this thread.
As a young person, what is your solution to the litter problem?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not read the whole thread, living in London I’m sure the answer in more bins on the street, Oxford/Regents St there is a bin outside every other shop and people use them as they are handy.

That shopping centre in Pompey harbour also. Spotless bins available everywhere.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
When I go for a walk along the beach I take a bag with me and fill it up with other folks rubbish, I shouldn’t have to do it but I figured that it enough people did the same it might make a difference.

:down:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
After seeing the state of Southends beaches on Friday morning I think Kronos had the right idea .

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
LOL! It really is not. Just look at what happens and get said on here.

So despite every single political poll in the history of NSC showing a very slight left leaning you know better ? :facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Less packaging would be a start. Huge fines too.

This. It drives me mad how much plastic normal supermarkets use - very basic examples - do apples REALLY have to come in bags ? If I buy 4 cans of beans why can't the till work out the multibuy discount rather than me having to pickup the four cans wrapped in plastic to get the discount ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
It's called not admitting it. Also, please keep personal attacks out of this.

Then stop constantly bringing politics into every thread you post in and accusing the mods of biased. Then, and only then, will I stop the personal attacks on you.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ok, well what scientific factual evidence do you have that some people are born lazy and selfish? You think they are genetically inferior? Or is it easier to convince yourself this is the case than it is to look at the actual problems and solve them?
I wager the latter, after all it is the lazy and selfish response.

:yawn:
You're not worth arguing with

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here