Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your shortest stay in any one country?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not including scheduled flight, stop overs.

Easy, I know I have shamelessly stolen this from Danny Baker (I'm just surprised you aren't going to fixture me!).

My 2 are Mexico, over the Rio Grande, I didn't fancy it so turned round and went back to Texas, 10 mins later.
Also Andorra, slightly difficult to time as we didn't realise we'd strayed in to the Principality until we past a 'you are now leaving Andorra' sign, nevertheless it could only have been counted in minutes.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fifteen minutes in Munich on a 'beer run' In fact in the process of doing several of these I didn't actually get off the plane.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Netherlands (Eindhoven) for an afternoon.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I completed,

UK-USA(New York,Las Vegas, Hawaii)-Australia-Borneo-China-India-Dubai-South Africa-Egypt-UK in a total of 23 days in early 2007!

I think my body clock is still not quite right. :D

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
About 10 hours in Ireland.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
15 minutes in USA. Was crossing from Canada, got told to stay in customs or border control, whatever it's called, was then interviewed for about 10 minutes, had to have my picture taken, prints taken, and then got sent back to Canada.

We were on a family trip, and only wanted to step into the States to say we'd been there!

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Whilst working as a football (soccer) coach in the US a few years back, 4 of us flew to Perto Rico for a weeks training camp there.

It was cancelled mid flight so we quite literally got to the airport before rechecking in for he flight back.

Absolutely gutted at the time

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Come to think of it, I put my toes into East Germany once in the middle of nowhere. There were markers in the ground showing the border and the massive fence was about 100 yards away with machine gun towers and everything, so I wasn't about to risk more than one foot's worth of toes. Probably a few mines in there, too.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Basel in Switzerland, for the afternoon, we went to the zoo...there didn't appear to be anything else open, or worth seeing, but it was a Sunday.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
ireland. many years ago i arrived to do software project at the airport, fell out with the clients over the contract, told them i would get the next plane back unless they sorted it - they didn't i told them to do one and walked off.......to 15 dropped jaws.

had to explain to my boss about an 80k contract up in smoke as they pissed me off :-0

overall time in ireland 1hour 30 mins - still got to chat to roy keane who i bumped into.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
62 minutes in Dusseldorf, because the useless Turkish pilot got lost on the way back from Bodrum. VERY lucky it wasn't longer.

(Fair play Stat Brother - Danny Bakers show is a RICH little goldmine of potential NSC threads)
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here