Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your OCD?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Mine is i can't have anything on my hands or wrists, no rings or watches, can't bear it. I also don't like my hands to be wet for very long. If they get wet i have to dry them immediately.

I have a wierdo in my family that can't have the TV or car radio volume left on an odd number...:shrug:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
When in a pub I don't like the menu standing up so always put it down flat, and I don't like candles being in the middle of the table.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Stairs. I have to take the last step with my left foot. This actually involves counting steps to make sure I finish on my left foot, and remembering how many steps on each set I take regularly so I can get it right each time.

It must be a left thing. I always put my left sock or shoe on first. If I'm crossing a road, I always step off the kerb left foot first and have been known to adjust my step to make sure I step onto the kerb on the other side left foot first.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have to read when I'm eating.

Well, I PREFER to read when I'm eating, I enjoy the meal far, far more that way. I cannot get my head around people who sit there alone, chewing bovine-like on their food and staring vacantly into space. I cannot do that.

If I have nothing to read, I will even resort to reading the ingredients on the back of sauce bottles.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Lever arch files at work, I drive people mad. All files in accounts have to be super neat. The holes must be punched exactly in the right spot, so that teh file lays square. If pages are staped they must be carefully positioned in teh correct spot in the top corner. Randomly stapled pieces of paper, at funny angles, and a couple of inches into the page just won't do.

People are generally used to me now, and go along with it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. Any interference with this order is inconceivable.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Can't wear socks without shoes, soon as I take my shoes off when I come in, I have to take socks off too and walk around barefoot in the house. Why I don't know?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If I accidentally bang my elbow on something, I have to bang the other one. Immediately.

The consequences of not following this ritual are unknown, but dire. Therefore it MUST be done.

When I'm hanging washing on the line, the pegs for each piece of clothings must be the same colour.

I'm really gonna have to buy just the one colour set of pegs, instead of the mulit-colour ones!

I have a wierdo in my family that can't have the TV or car radio volume left on an odd number...:shrug:

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I can't have the volume on "13" in the car or the telly.

:mentalist:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I come out in hives if two or more of the same things are placed in different parts of the supermarket check-out conveyor belt.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I cannot bare mud on my hands, have to wash it of ASAP. Hated being a goalkeeper at school.

Also hate long nails on either of my hands or feet. They are kept as short as possible.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have to have something in my hand when I go out (almost always a bag of some variety, back pack, etc).

If I'm not in my own home, tidying up after myself (in pubs I take empties back, in restaurants/cafes I pile the plates up etc.)

Can't cycle with long legged clothes (jeans, jogging bottoms, trousers etc), not even if rolled up or tucked into socks.

Tidied towels in my bathroom, toothpaste squeezed from the bottom

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am not sure this one is under the umbrella term of an OCD, but I can't bear to touch ice lolly sticks and have to use the wrapper to hold the stick.

I can't bear dirty dishes in the sink or lying about, so I spend a fair amount of time doing washing up of all of the friends I visit. That might be why I get invited round so regularly!

I can't leave the house without a book and a bit of fruit. I always have to have them wherever I go.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
on opening a new loaf of sliced bread i never use the crust or 1st slice in the loaf ,if im really up the tree i go down to slice number 3

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
on opening a new loaf of sliced bread i never use the crust or 1st slice in the loaf ,if im really up the tree i go down to slice number 3

I do that as well.

And when I butter a slice of bread, it absolutey MUST be buttered all the way to the edges. All the way round. Every last millimetre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here