Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your most hated London Football team?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
jevs said:
Of course Brighton would NEVER pay under the asking price would they.

Dick Knight...."hello Mr chairman, is your player Joe Bloggs for sale"

Chairman "yeah sure, he's yours for £100,000

DK...."no no no, it's alright, we'll pay you £500,000 for him"

:rolleyes:

Poor old Jevs, his club are in the prem (well not for long) and yet he still has a chip on his shoulder about Brighton. I wonder why? Did they reject you as a school boy?

Croydonbloke said:
Now you are disrepecting many of your fellow fans on here. Maybe you are one of the few Brighton fans who has nothing to say or your imagination is somewhat limited.

ok fair comment, I just though its a hell of a lot of posts for someone who doesn't even support The Albion, you've then gone on to question my 30 years of loyal support by the amount of posts i've made on this board

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Les Biehn said:
Poor old Jevs, his club are in the prem (well not for long) and yet he still has a chip on his shoulder about Brighton. I wonder why? Did they reject you as a school boy?

No chip on my shoulder about BHA pal....just couldn't understand why someone would hate a club because they bought a player for less than the "asking price". Surely he should be blaming Bill Archer (or whoever was chairman then) for letting him go so cheap.
I personally thought Robinson was worth 10 times that.

:salute:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
SJ's Love Monkey said:
:lolol: I couldn't give a stuff personally, i am just going on facts that is all.

Selhurst Park, Whitehorse Lane, LONDON SE25 6PU.

The clue is in the addresses location Jonny

Its not Selhurst Park, Whitehorse Lane, Surrey is it?

:lolol: :wave:
:shootself It`s too simple SJLM.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
jevs said:
Of course Brighton would NEVER pay under the asking price would they.

Dick Knight...."hello Mr chairman, is your player Joe Bloggs for sale"

Chairman "yeah sure, he's yours for £100,000

DK...."no no no, it's alright, we'll pay you £500,000 for him"

:rolleyes:

Jevs the point is that they made £5 Million quid (alot of money in 1992/3) and played the tribunal game who at the time always always always favoured the buying club.

Nowadays being a welsh u21 intl and stuff it probably would have been at least £250k - £300k - a more reasonable price.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
jevs said:
No chip on my shoulder about BHA pal....just couldn't understand why someone would hate a club because they bought a player for less than the "asking price". Surely he should be blaming Bill Archer (or whoever was chairman then) for letting him go so cheap.
I personally thought Robinson was worth 10 times that.

:salute:

Bill Archer wasnt chairman then...Lloyd wanted about £150 - £200k

And we didnt have a choice because it went to a TRIBUNAL

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Bill Archer wasnt chairman then...Lloyd wanted about £150 - £200k

And we didnt have a choice because it went to a TRIBUNAL

Did Brighton HAVE to sell him....i can't remember the details. Was it a similar situation to Beeney ?

It's a big wide world out there....we've sold some hideously under priced players...Joe Cole for £6m for example....but on the other hand, we've twice nicked young players off Charlton for stupid money....Stephen Byewater and Jermaine Defoe and they kicked up a big fuss about it.

It happens.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
jevs said:
Did Brighton HAVE to sell him....i can't remember the details. Was it a similar situation to Beeney ?

It's a big wide world out there....we've sold some hideously under priced players...Joe Cole for £6m for example....but on the other hand, we've twice nicked young players off Charlton for stupid money....Stephen Byewater and Jermaine Defoe and they kicked up a big fuss about it.

It happens.

Just thought I would double check that because I was sure Bywater came from Rochdale and it appears that is where you nicked him from.

It's not your day at the moment for facts is it Jevs.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nope we didnt have to thats the point...

Charlton played the tribunal game and won. They knew by offering a ridiculously low fee the tribunal would take it into account. They did

This is not the accept £40k (or whatever) for Dean Saunders
that the bank forced us to.

:angry:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Les Biehn said:
Just thought I would double check that because I was sure Bywater came from Rochdale and it appears that is where you nicked him from.

It's not your day at the moment for facts is it Jevs.

Apologies.....Twas indeed Rochdale.....as you say, not my day for facts....but....i can give you a correct fact. BHA are struggling to sell 5,000 tickets for tommorrows game at Withdean and West ham sell out 35,000 every home at the Boleyn. Is that good enough for you wanksplat ?....i can give you plenty more.
And someone on here called us fickle :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
jevs said:
Apologies.....Twas indeed Rochdale.....as you say, not my day for facts....but....i can give you a correct fact. BHA are struggling to sell 5,000 tickets for tommorrows game at Withdean and West ham sell out 35,000 every home at the Boleyn. Is that good enough for you wanksplat ?....i can give you plenty more.
And someone on here called us fickle :lolol:

There you go bad mouthing Brighton again. Very odd complex you have. What exactly was it that happened between you and our 'little' club. Did they bully you as a child?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Poor little jevs, he hasn't replied because of all the bad memories that mean he fixates on our team rather than his own. How sad.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Awww...have we hit a nerve wankstain :lolol: ...i wasn't bad mouthing Brighton, i was just giving you a correct fact. If you want some more, just ask :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
jevs said:
Awww...have we hit a nerve wankstain :lolol: ...i wasn't bad mouthing Brighton, i was just giving you a correct fact. If you want some more, just ask :lolol:

You were the one who just mentioned hitting a nerve, not me. I didn't even feel the need to resort to name calling.

Poor little jevs, he feels so inferior to the big kids in his divsion he has to pick on the little kids.

:wave:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Les Biehn said:
You were the one who just mentioned hitting a nerve, not me. I didn't even feel the need to resort to name calling.

Poor little jevs, he feels so inferior to the big kids in his divsion he has to pick on the little kids.

:wave:

Bloody shame we'll be playing a few "little kids" next year....and they'll beat us :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here