Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your favourite Albion goal and Why.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
So whats your fav albion goal of all time, and why?

Mine would have to be Adam Virgo's agaisnt Swindon in the playoff leg 2, if he didnt score you know the rest.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
There's been so many......Robbie has to be most important.....Deano's free-kick v Ipswich was a pretty good moment too I seem to recall.:clap:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Deanos Free kick against Ipswich would be mine.

I still get the goosebumps when i think about it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I could be boring and say the obvious Reinelt one and Leons penalty, but the sweetest one has to be Cullips against Cheaterfield!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Jimmy Case, Highbury

Followed by Gordon Smith's openor in the final,

then Gary Steven's equaliser in the final,

followed by Knight's play-off pen - my celebrations following that goal really quite disturbed me.

Followed by every last goal scored by us

Also a special memory for an Andy Ritchie goal, not sure who it was against but I remember he was limping and getting abuse from someone near me in the north stand, milliseconds later he lets rip from the edge of the box into the north stand goal and the moaning twat near me starts lapping it up. Happy days

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Cullip against the 'real champions' in recent years, i wanted that so much, especially after they beat us up there

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
All of the above

PLUS

Zamora volley vs Halifax
Zamora chip @ Bury

And Lawrenson's run almost the full pitch and score against vs Wolves (when they were good)

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Kurt Nogan cant remember what season but i think it was against Hull at home- a really good flowing move that just seemed destined to end in a goal, Nogan running onto a through ball hit it first time without breaking stride the ball curled into to the top right corner of the north stand goal at such pace that upon hitting the stantion flew back out of the goal without the net even moving. Awesome.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
clapham_gull said:
Jimmy Case - FA CUP semi final

For the effect it had on a (impressionable) 13 yo at the time, i'd have to agree - standing right behind it as it fair flew in..

great stuff

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
For me

Wilkins v Ipswich
Cullip v Cheaterfield

and

Gotsmanov v Hull. The one where he celebrated the goal BEFORE tapping it into the net.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
clapham_gull said:
Jimmy Case - FA CUP semi final

Thats the one, no competition.........

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
It's the goals that come out of nowhere i.e. Virgo's vs Swindon that are the best, absolute mayhem when that goal was scored, never celebrated anything quite like it!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Gary Nelson away to Brentford in the cup around 88/89 ran from our half beat 2 or 3 defenders & hammered it home,it was the coldest Ive ever been &the pies were steaming hot on the outside, frozen on the inside,. those were happy days

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All of the obvious ones - but one I remember with particular fondness for some bizarre reason was a late Steve Jacobs equaliser (making it 2-2) away at Peterborough in the FA Cup in early 1986.

It was one of my first away games, full house at London Road, 4,000 packed into that away end, we played in red, it was a snowbound pitch and an orange ball.

The goal was at our end and the whole stand went absolutely mental. Superb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here