Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your favourite Albion goal and Why.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it looks like all the obvious ones are taken.

For me it always has to be Chappers 'breaking the North Stand net' on a very wet Weds evening, verses Bournemouth, about 10 yrs ago.

Special mention for Bob Codnor, from the 1/2 way line @ Plymouth.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
1. jimmy case - cup semi final (i was right in line with it in clock end)

2. dean wilkins - v ipswich

3. johnny byrne - v liverpool (2-2 at anfield in fa cup)

oh and so many others...

erkan said:
yes Simster, i think you're right and it was more like 6,000 Albion there that day - i didn't want to trust my shaky memory...

there would certainly have been some interesting threads about Peterborough's approach to ground safety if NSC had been around in those days - i don't remember hearing of anyone being seriously hurt, but it was unforgiveable really...

and two goals scored because some feeble shots hit lumps of ices that were covered in snow and looped over the keeper.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It has to be Cullip against Chesterfield for me. It was the first time the Albion had won anything since I started following them, and it was especially enjoyable, as they had been singing that they were the right champions. I was in serious danger of falling onto the track when that goal went in:drink: :goal:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
corrallt said:
For amusement value:
Kit Napier. Goalie placed the ball and ran back as if to take a goal kick and Kit just ran up and put in the net.

Or Mark Lawrenson: dibbled round a few players, then with an open goal did a little dance before putting it in the net.

Can't remember against which teams.

Kit Napier was against Chesterfield . Their keeper was Stephenson (successor to Banks and Shilton) who was sold to West Ham.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Allthe usual ones, especially Adam Virgo, Gary Stevens, Willie Irvine, Robbie Reinelt (not forgetting Craig Maskell's part), Stuart Storer, Peter Ward (best against Mansfield) and others.

A special mention for a Withdean goal in a Cup match.

I think it was the League Cup against Wimbledon, when Albion went 0-1 down and won 2-1 and Wimbledon were in a higher division. Bobby Z hardly touched the ball in the first hour.

Ball out of defence to Gary Hart running with the ball in the centre of the park, when his precisely weighted pass found Lee Steele in full flight up the left wing (near the south stand) and his speed took him past two defenders like they were statues and without breaking stride he curled in a left footed cross from the wing from about 12 yeards from the goal line, and it was an outswinger, seemingly in the goalkeeper's trajectory, but as their keeper went to try and collect it it swerved away from him, right plum on the head of Bobby Z at full pelt and it was a straighforward headed goal as I have seen because their keeper was all at sea from the perfect cross.

Last edited:

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
Robert Codner away at Blackpool 1992 (I think), ball cleared out to him about 10 years outside the box and he leant back and volleyed a screamer into the left hand corner of the goal which we were standing behind (about 5 mins before the end of the game). Never gone so nuts in my life although I was a bit younger and more frisky in those days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here