Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your favourite Albion goal and Why.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everyone - they all mean the same to me, marvellous scenes

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Favourite goal for me was Cullip vs. Chesterfield.

The best goal I've seen was Carpenter vs. Sheffield Wednesday last season.

Most cheeky goal was the Zamora/Brooker combination when they took a free kick in penalty area vs. Reading and made a complete arse of their keeper

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Nelson's goal against Brentford was the best but one that really sticks in my mind was Irvine's against Villa. I was 13, we had recently moved to Hove, the build up was intense, the MOTD cameras were there, the Goldstone was full, by kickoff I was almost throwing up with excitement, and Willie blasted in a gem in the opening minutes..a lifetime obsession really began at that moment.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Gotta say Leon's last week was up there.
The way we battled after the own goal and nicked it at the end. And his reaction was quality, really looked like it meant loads to him:clap2:

Other than that, Cullip's header v the cheats:clap2:

And Virgo's v mindon:clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Jimmy Case v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup semi-final 1983.

TOny Grealish tapped the ball to JC who fizzed in it to the top corner from 30 yards. We were all standing behind that end and could see the ball arcing into the net, truly marvelous goal

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
Jimmy Case v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup semi-final 1983.

TOny Grealish tapped the ball to JC who fizzed in it to the top corner from 30 yards. We were all standing behind that end and could see the ball arcing into the net, truly marvelous goal

Yes ..."Pick that one out!!".. what a goal what a game

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Has to be the Wilkins one against Ipswich. As he went to take it i said to one of my mates next to me in the North Stand 'Oh god Wilkins is going to take it! he'll never score!'
As i finished the great statement i was up in the air as the ball hit the back of the net.
Made even better when we found out later that the Barnsley fans had been on their pitch celebrating getting into the play-offs when the goal went in!:lolol:

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Tooting Gull said:
All of the obvious ones - but one I remember with particular fondness for some bizarre reason was a late Steve Jacobs equaliser (making it 2-2) away at Peterborough in the FA Cup in early 1986.

It was one of my first away games, full house at London Road, 4,000 packed into that away end, we played in red, it was a snowbound pitch and an orange ball.

The goal was at our end and the whole stand went absolutely mental. Superb.
thanks for that memory, Tooting...! that was truly a fantastic day out...!!

my own memories of it are naturally fairly hazy but i can clearly recall the away end being dangerously full (to a teenage boy, wonderfully dangerous...literally being lifted off ones feet by the surging crowd...) - we were packed in there like the proverbial pilchards and that late equaliser caused pure chaos... had forgotten it was Steve Jacobs who netted - no Albion legend, but he certainly made 4,000 of us very happy that day!!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
cheshunt seagull said:
Nelson's goal against Brentford was the best but one that really sticks in my mind was Irvine's against Villa. I was 13, we had recently moved to Hove, the build up was intense, the MOTD cameras were there, the Goldstone was full, by kickoff I was almost throwing up with excitement, and Willie blasted in a gem in the opening minutes..a lifetime obsession really began at that moment.

OMG..another believer.. I was there as well..the greatest Albion goal. It actually came after a couple minutes of 'We're gonna score in a minute'. Enchanting scenes!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Eric Potts second againt Sunderland in 1978

We'd been under the cosh for most of the game and were 1-0 behind after 89 minutes. Potts (not one of Albion's greats) had come on as sub at 85 minutes. He scored the equaliser on 89 minute then somehow scored the winner well into injury time.

Neither goal was spectacular but as this was a promotion game (we pipped Sunderland to enter the top flight at the end of the season) they were both vital goals.

Needless to say the crowd went absolutely beserk !

Jimmy Case v Shef Wed FA Cup semi what a free kick
Gordon Smith's header to go one up in the final. perfect header
Chippy's free kick vs Spurs
Bobby's goal against Wolves two seasons ago - put through nice and calm chipped it over the keepers legs
Butter's against west ham just because we went mad and my wife's family are all hammers

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
a couple of early season openers following promotion-
Nels v Bradford late 80's (after 3 mins we went on to lose 3-1)
Maheta Molango v Reading (fresh in the mind)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
erkan said:
thanks for that memory, Tooting...! that was truly a fantastic day out...!!

my own memories of it are naturally fairly hazy but i can clearly recall the away end being dangerously full (to a teenage boy, wonderfully dangerous...literally being lifted off ones feet by the surging crowd...) - we were packed in there like the proverbial pilchards and that late equaliser caused pure chaos... had forgotten it was Steve Jacobs who netted - no Albion legend, but he certainly made 4,000 of us very happy that day!!
Remember it well. I thought it was 6,000 though? I've never been so scared at a football match as I was in that end though when we scored both times. I could hardly breath.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Simster said:
Remember it well. I thought it was 6,000 though? I've never been so scared at a football match as I was in that end though when we scored both times. I could hardly breath.
yes Simster, i think you're right and it was more like 6,000 Albion there that day - i didn't want to trust my shaky memory...

there would certainly have been some interesting threads about Peterborough's approach to ground safety if NSC had been around in those days - i don't remember hearing of anyone being seriously hurt, but it was unforgiveable really...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here