Nothing beats a Turkey Vulture

turkey-vulture.jpg

bumper_in_snow.JPG

turkeyvulture2mod.jpg

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
captainmorganrum said:
I'm not sure I wanna know this .....but.....what happened to Archie Bubbles?:down:

Well it's parent grudgingly fed it a bit once it was back on the roof, but not as much as it's sibling so it became a bit of a RUNT. When it could sort of fly a few feet it just used to hang around by the back door and try to get in the house ("Are you my mummy?"). We'd toss it the odd sardine and give it a drink occasionally which in hindsight was probably a mistake.

I think that the trauma of the rescue damaged it's brain somewhat. We tried to shoo it away, getting ot to fly properly, but it liked to be on the ground. Upon returning from our holiday we were informed by our next door neighbours that it had been found under a bush - they suspect one of their cats got it. :down: :angel:

Poor old Archie Bubbles.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
This cheeky little buggar that could not wait for us to leave our table in Sydney a couple of years back:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
dscn0794cj3.jpg

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Hungry Joe said:
That's one crazy lookin bird, what the f*** is it?

Some kind of Ibis I guess. The waiter looked none to amused when he came out to see us all laughing at the cheek of this bird.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
B.M.F said:
This cheeky little buggar that could not wait for us to leave our table in Sydney a couple of years back:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
dscn0794cj3.jpg

I'd forgetten about those things. They're all over Sydney or certainly all over Darling Harbour. Great comedy looking birds but, as you say, greedy as f***.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
should be a seagull I suppose as I lived in brighton for 57 years but since being here in wales the buzzard has taken my fancy,we have one pair who hunt nearby every day.

Attachments

• 01_01_51_web.jpg
    01_01_51_web.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 162

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Would not argue with one of these hard buggars:eek: I give you the Cassowary