Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your bestest BIRD?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Man of Harveys said:
*waits. farts. walks around office. talks to boss. gets impatient. Clears throat*
As if this week hasn't been good enough already - vintage stuff. What are they doing now? I first watched Hitchcock's Birds in the company of my grandmother, who wasn't slow to point out that similar events had happened in real life. In Holland...:ohmy:

They're still just sitting there, giving me the eye. I reckon they're just biding their time while they calculate what combination of beak impact/wing power will break through the double glazing.

There's a shifty-looking magpie out there too. I think he may be the ringleader.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Trufflehound said:
Around 20 collared doves have just arrived and begun perching in the branches of the tree right outside my window. And they're staring at me. More are joining them all the time.

I'm starting to get nervous in a Hitchcock kind of a way...

Uh-oh. The doves are back... :ohmy:

I think there's been a coo.

On 'Animal 24/7' they've just covered the issue of a bird's egg collector, who had about 8 Kingfisher eggs, 3 Osprey and 3 Hobby eggs. These were confiscated from him when he was given 3 years jail sentence for his activities (he probably got out in a few months) - and they said he is thought to be renewing his collecting activities!

I hope someone shoots the bastard.

NMH said:
I hope someone shoots the bastard.

Fair point - I read a story a few weeks back about Britain's most prolific egg collecter - he was scaling up a tree in Scotland to get his hands on some eagle eggs, thing was he fell off, hit his head and died.

:salute:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Personally I think you can't go wrong with a BOOBY, even better if there are two of them

vanessa%20&%20curious%20booby.jpg

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Re: Re: What's your bestest BIRD?

Monkey Man said:
Haven't seen oystercatchers for a while though. Perhaps they migrate.

The oystercatcher is the national bird of the Faroe Islands - FACT.

Never let anyone tell you that NSC isn't a valuable educational tool.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
82309400_9a38dafc85_m.jpg

One thing about the puffin
Almost tickles me to death -
He always is a puffin
Yet he's never out of breath...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here