Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what's the worst operation you've had...???

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Vasectomy - twice!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Three in-growing hairs at base of spine..

Two had to be 'cored' out and the other 'wedge sliced' out, and then be packed out with new bandages each day for a month.. That smarts just a bit.

I'm not even like, a really hairy person.. :(

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A cyst on my stomach had to be drained, that wasnt the bad bit the packing and repacking of the wound for a month after was horrendous. I fainted the first time.

Smiliar to you Rowdey. Horrendous.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Had 2 wisdom teeth taken out when I was 10, as they were below the gums I was sliced open about 2" each side of my jaw and ended up having to stay in hospital for 3 weeks.

Jan 19, 2011
Broke my leg playing rugby, got compartment syndrome and had to have 7 operations including 3 skin grafts. On cruches for 7 months, not nice!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Luckily the only operation I've had apart from tonsils was having a ruptured disk taken out of my spine. Not very bad and out of hospital after a week. Mind you I have had three endoscopies which a lot of people wouldn't like, no problem for me thankfully.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Had a Kidney removed back in 1972, i was just 17, probably not such a big operation theses days, it was massive back then, they didnt have the anti biotics in tablet form they have today and at one point for about 2 weeks after the operation i was on 8 injections every 4 hours, I was like a pin cushion!! I also had an exploritory operation on my liver as they thought i had tumours on my liver, basically cancer, thank god i didnt have.

I went into hospital at a very healthy 9 stone, came out weighing under 7 stone lost just over 2 stone in that time......wished i could bloody do it now!!!:lolol:

I was in the sussex county for about 6 weeks, these days be in and out in a week!!

Edit: forgot to add, all the tests were possibly worse than the operation, the worst was a bone marrow test, basicaly they drilled into the breast plate and then stuck a needle through the bit that was now inside the bone, then extracted what they needed, all done while your awake by way of a local anesthetic, really was not nice.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Repair for a detatched retina, it was caught fairly late and I wasn't sure whether I might lose the sight in my right eye. After the operation my sight was something like 50% but that recovered to +90% over the space of a couple of months, though my night vision in that eye isn't the best.

Had 70% of my colon (large intestine) removed following an intestinal blockage due to a tumour just before Christmas in 2006; then a repeat operation last May following a further blockage due to scar tissue from the initial surgery. 60% of my liver was taken out in May 2007 following a secondary tumour spread from the original colon (ie bowel) cancer but the liver has now regrown.
Actually the bacterial (pseudomonas) infection that developed during my chemeotherapy was probably worse than any of the ops. Very touch 'n go for a couple of days in the Royal Surrey in Guildford with a complete blood pressure collapse at one point - not that I noticed at the time - and then a week or so in isolation. It all developed the evening after a Walsall game at Withdean - says it all really I guess.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Had 70% of my colon (large intestine) removed following an intestinal blockage due to a tumour just before Christmas in 2006; then a repeat operation last May following a further blockage due to scar tissue from the initial surgery. 60% of my liver was taken out in May 2007 following a secondary tumour spread from the original colon (ie bowel) cancer but the liver has now regrown.
Actually the bacterial (pseudomonas) infection that developed during my chemeotherapy was probably worse than any of the ops. Very touch 'n go for a couple of days in the Royal Surrey in Guildford with a complete blood pressure collapse at one point - not that I noticed at the time - and then a week or so in isolation. It all developed the evening after a Walsall game at Withdean - says it all really I guess.

thread closed?

I had one of those too - bastard painful and had to be sliced as it was too solid to syringe.

I should have kept the girlfriend who changed the dressing for me every day - I mean a woman who'd do that for a chap has to be of strong stuff!
She didn't bat an eye, yet I know it stank back there and with nasty bloody puss in the gauze every time. Yum :O

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
not really an op but the camera up my japs eye to have a look in my bladder was the most painful thing I have experienced. The vasectomy after a local was a close second.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Broke both legs, pelvis, arm and compression fracture of my spine after a motorbike accident, loads of ops patching me up...but nothing compares to a vasectomy..that was truly awful.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
not really an op but the camera up my japs eye to have a look in my bladder was the most painful thing I have experienced. The vasectomy after a local was a close second.

You wuss, that just stings a bit. :blush:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Christ, there's some horror shows on here.

Left testicle removed. Actually the operation was a walk in the park. It's the thought of it that's rotten.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy about 8 weeks ago and thanks to NHS waiting list paid £1400 for the pleasure!

As you can imagine I am delighted that my Amex upper west seat is padded !:)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here