Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the right decision?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Perhaps my taste is just a bit more judicious and eclectic.

Can you repeat that please but in English.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
tell me your favourite 3 films of the last year Nibble oh high and mighty, superior , self opinionated friend for me to ridicule, some trendy art house studenty films no doubt to get high on and feel very self important

Not at all, i am not a big "art house" fan. I think out of the ones I saw I would say Bourne Ultimatum, Rescue Dawn, Little Miss Sunshine and although it wasn't released in 07 but I first saw it then was Dead Man's Shoes. Bit of a mix.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bourne Ulimatum - highly over rated
Little Miss Sunshine - over rated
Rescue Dawn - Ok, I'll give you that one

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Perhaps my taste is just a bit more judicious and eclectic.

Can you repeat that please but in English.

Are you joking?

Basically I was suggesting that my film choice is somewhat more considered and takes in a wider variety.

I'm sure you will have a pop at me now, saying I think I'm intellectually superior, wanky student, holocaust denier and the like, ignoring everything I have said that suggests I like films that are intelligent and well made rather than films that are avant garde.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nibble & Les I still love you both very much even though my work in progress on you is a long way from completion I can see.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bourne Ulimatum - highly over rated
Little Miss Sunshine - over rated
Rescue Dawn - Ok, I'll give you that one

They probably are over rated (though |I think Bourne films are better than anything Spielberg has produced in years) but I still enjoyed them. All I was trying to say was that with the hundreds of films that are released I was surprised you enjoyed those the most. I always thought you were more into weightier fare.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Nibble & Les I still love you both very much even though my work in progress on you is a long way from completion I can see.

Would it not be easier to give us both full frontal labotomies.

And before any reactionary retards think that's some sort of Les bumming joke it's not. Google it and you will see it was a simple and non-sexual procedure you most likely had at birth.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bourne - the shaky camera just pissed me off after about half an hour and it was ok but not great

Little Miss Sunshine - not as good as the hype imo

Rescure Dawn - not actually seen it but Bale is in it , enough said

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Bourne - the shaky camera just pissed me off after about half an hour and it was ok but not great

Little Miss Sunshine - not as good as the hype imo

Rescure Dawn - not actually seen it but Bale is in it , enough said

So one gets a thumbs down because it has shaky camera work, another because it was not as good as the hype and the other gets a thumbs up even though you haven't seen it.

I thought you couldn't judge a film unless you had seen the whole thing?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So one gets a thumbs down because it has shaky camera work, another because it was not as good as the hype and the other gets a thumbs up even though you haven't seen it.

I thought you couldn't judge a film unless you had seen the whole thing?

OY, Les show your elders and betters some respect Young Man and PIPE DOWN :thumbsup:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
byf,

I've just read the first couple of pages of this thread - it's probably turned into a complete binfest by now but i want to make some comments on the earlier posts.

I once met a girl who sounded very much like the girl that you describe - she was prone to violence and did hit me on several occassions. Like you i never hit back but did have a few grapples - mainly in self defence. I fully understand how hard it is to deal with a situation like that. She also used to cut herself with knifes when things got to much for her. Once more i stuck with it because i really cared for her.

To cut a long story short - we are now married and have a beautiful baby daughter. We still argue - sometimes real ding-dongs but over time the severity of the arguments (and accompanying violence) fell away. My now wife began to realise that i was there for the long term and her insecurities lessened over time. I am happier now than i have ever been.

I just wanted to post this because it is too easy to say 'bin her - it'll only get worse' - if i'd have done that it would have been the biggest mistake of my life by far. I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't - only you can decide that. However sometimes things can work out. They did for me.

NR

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
She is very controlling...we have just moved in together and sh is a mega clean freak and whinges about evry little thing...I do my best but it never seems good enough and then we get dragged into these boring little tit 4 tat arguments about shit I couldnt give a toss about. Like "you didnt put the milk away"

wear this, do this, why is your mate ringing again,your not going to leeds!!!!!!
Dump her before you end up hitting her back. Think of twenty years from now and how you could have travelled the world but instead your whole life is planned out for you by your partner.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
byf,

I've just read the first couple of pages of this thread - it's probably turned into a complete binfest by now but i want to make some comments on the earlier posts.

I once met a girl who sounded very much like the girl that you describe - she was prone to violence and did hit me on several occassions. Like you i never hit back but did have a few grapples - mainly in self defence. I fully understand how hard it is to deal with a situation like that. She also used to cut herself with knifes when things got to much for her. Once more i stuck with it because i really cared for her.

To cut a long story short - we are now married and have a beautiful baby daughter. We still argue - sometimes real ding-dongs but over time the severity of the arguments (and accompanying violence) fell away. My now wife began to realise that i was there for the long term and her insecurities lessened over time. I am happier now than i have ever been.

I just wanted to post this because it is too easy to say 'bin her - it'll only get worse' - if i'd have done that it would have been the biggest mistake of my life by far. I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't - only you can decide that. However sometimes things can work out. They did for me.

NR

Great story and thanks for contributing.

I do love the woman and hate the thought of giving up on someone, we all have issues and its very easy to point the finger. The easy option is to walk no doubt about it.....but I dont like to give up on people....as I wouldnt want someone to give up on me.

We are definately 2 personalities that clash that is a little car crash ish...but on the flip side we are like 2 pee's in a pod it is as if none of us know how to deal with problems/issues when the so called shi* hits the fan.

Im going to see how the next few weeks go......the world/opotunities will still be there after a few weeks/months....

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
yOUR RIGHT MATE...i KNOW MOST OF YOU ARE....JUST BLOODY DIFFICULT YOU KNOW

I don't think he is Byf. I've done the round the world thing more than once and loved it but would I have given it up for someone I love.... IN A MINUTE!!!!!!

Call me an old romantic but that's the way it is. There's no doubt you've got problems and I think any form of violence in a relationship suggests there are major issues but as you have said they may be more than one side to this. How much does she know that you are still not over your ex. How much does she know that you regret giving up the job opportunities (because you obviously do).... how would that make her feel? Would tthat make her feel insecure and maybe just start acting a bit strangely.

Look, don't talk to us on NSC talk to her calmly and work it out. And if you can't then you can walk away with your self-respect. Every relationship is completely diffferent and not one of us on here can tell you what the right thing to do is.

Good luck mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here