Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the point?

Mar 13, 2008
...you know, of life in general?

Right now, I'm really struggling to see one. People you think are mates treat you like shit, love is nothing but a distant memory and I can't seem to find any kind of suitable employment whatsoever.

Makes you wonder why you bother sometimes.
OMG!!!

this is how I feel like 99% of the time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Family and friends are what make life worth living.

Oh, and Bovril.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Since the dawn of time thousands (millions ??) of philosophers and wise men have pontificated on the purpose of life - but, IMHO, Fawlty Towers, as usual, hits the nail on the head.

Polly : Well, what's the point of anything ?
Basil : Beats me -we're stuck with it I suppose.

Classic.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It is fairly easy. We are physical, mental and spiritual beings. Today too many people only handle the first two. Find where your spiritual self is (wherever that might be) and you will find the purpose in your life.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There is no point to life.

Other than we have be genetically programed to try and fight to survive and to breed.

It's the same with any animals and has been since the dawn of time.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

It's not sad, it's the way mother nature intended it to be.

If we didn't have some primeval directive instilled in us way back when, we may not have made it through the caveman stage of life.

Life existed before humans and it will exist after they have gone(if ever).

Humans are for the most part a little to enamoured with their own self importance within the grander scheme of the planet and it's workings.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One day we were born, one day we shall die, the same day, the same second, is that not enough for you? They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
...you know, of life in general?

Right now, I'm really struggling to see one. People you think are mates treat you like shit, love is nothing but a distant memory and I can't seem to find any kind of suitable employment whatsoever.

Makes you wonder why you bother sometimes.

Been there, read the T-shirt, got the book. Just hang in there as it does get better eventually. To be honest every time I get down I take a look around and realise that whilst I might not be bright and shiny there are plenty worse off than me. It's scant consolation I know but it does bring me some sort of perspective. Two years ago I was near the end of my tether but now I have a lot to look forward too, even at my age !

PM me if you think it would help, I think you'd be a bit surprised !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What's the point of life? Twin sisters from Prague.......... I appreciate they may not be your cup of tea Fruity, but they always bring a smile to my face when I am down in the dumps.

You have lots of positives in your life, although sometimes it is difficult to see them, I am sure you do have a good family, some real friends (the ones who are wankers are just ships in the night), your health, options career wise, and above all, you are not ginger.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It is fairly easy. We are physical, mental and spiritual beings. Today too many people only handle the first two. Find where your spiritual self is (wherever that might be) and you will find the purpose in your life.

Spot on. Add a spiritual (I don't mean religious) dimension to your life and find real contentment. Saved my llfe.

Oct 25, 2003
every time i get down i just whack on some reggae, have a wank, watch old episodes of gladiators and suddenly i'm happy again

if you're listening to jimmy cliff its literally impossible to be sad, literally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here