Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whats the most stupid comment you have ever heard at a football match ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
During a particularly bad passage of play "For Christ's sake sort it out Mullery" This was about a month after he'd left

That was me:blush:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
England v Greece Beckham steps up to take the now famous last minute free kick and I said 'let Sheringham take it'

My mates still give me stick about that to this day!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was at an International match at Wembley. Can't remember who England were playing against.

Woman behind me said to her partner "England keep mucking David Beckham about, if they are not careful he'll be off to another club!"

WHO?

France? Brazil?

How does that work?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
mine has to be today...i was on a train from Grantham to Nottingham and this Forest fan was chatting to a couple of Albion on the table behind me.Referring to Forests failure to go up last year and one game in particular he said "we were 3 - 0 up and we ended up losing 4 - 2 " ??????????

forest were 3 nil up - it was on aggregate and the second leg finished 4-2 i think.

if i'm wrong then sorry, i mean no harm.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
....and Smith must score.....

:laugh:

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Guy sitting behind me in the North Stand says to his mate - Is Wayne Henderson number 2 or number 4 choice for Ireland?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The bloke who stood near me on the South-west terrace and always used to shout out: "Bring on Johnny Byrne!"

Bear in mind this was about 1995, and therefore JB was nowhere to be seen.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've said it before, I'll say it again: the bloke behind me seriously opined that Nicky Forster was the WORST SIGNING THIS CLUB HAS EVER MADE earlier in the season. Thread closed.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was at an International match at Wembley. Can't remember who England were playing against.

Woman behind me said to her partner "England keep mucking David Beckham about, if they are not careful he'll be off to another club!"

WHO?

France? Brazil?

How does that work?

bit of a weird comment, what year would that been in? ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This morning I have been made aware of a Man Utd armchair fan who is of the opinion that his team is "short of goalscorers".

:tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
forest were 3 nil up - it was on aggregate and the second leg finished 4-2 i think.

if i'm wrong then sorry, i mean no harm.

so they would still win 5-4 on agg surley...

3 in the 1st leg followed by 2 in the second = 5

Opposition 0 in the 1st leg 4 in the second = 4

Total 5-4 to forrest :jester:

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
so they would still win 5-4 on agg surley...

3 in the 1st leg followed by 2 in the second = 5

Opposition 0 in the 1st leg 4 in the second = 4

Total 5-4 to forrest :jester:

Yeah but 3-0 up could mean they were leading 3-0 in the first leg but that may not have been the final result

oNE WE STILL LAUGH ABOUT NOW......

Can't remember who it was aginst but we were losing in injury time as Adam Virgo placed the ball for a free kick.

What does he think he's doing. He's not going to shoot from there surely....... That's far too far out..........

WAHEY WHAT A GOAL!!!!:laugh:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
bit of a weird comment, what year would that been in? ???

Several years ago. It was the "Old" wembley. I can't remember the exact year but recall going to England v Saudi Arabia (0-0) and England v Luxembourg (6-0, Shearer hattrick).

The WHO? comments onwards were my responses to her stupid (one-line)statement.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
but the second leg finished 4-2 and he said forrest lost :shrug::dunce:

Sorry Munk, what I meant was he said Forest were 3-0 up but it is unclear if he meant 3-0 up OVERALL after the first leg or 3-0 up DURING the first leg. Forest could have had been 3-0 up and ended up only winning the first leg 3-2. If that was the case (and I'm sure you give even less of a toss than I do) then they would have lost 6-5.:shrug:

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
but the second leg finished 4-2 and he said forrest lost :shrug::dunce:

Confirmed. The Forest fan couldn't even get the scores right, if I am assuming this was the playoff:

Nottingham Forest 2 Yeovil Town 5 (Yeovil win 5-4 on agg): Yeovil break Forest hearts in thriller

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here