Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whats the most stupid comment you have ever heard at a football match ?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
"you three are the biggest pair of pricks i have ever seen"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My father told me a story that when he and my mum started going out, one of the first dates he took her on was to watch Oxford Utd v Man Utd in a pre season friendly (the old romantic !!). Apparently half way through the first half my mother said "That number 10 in red looks quite good". He said to her "Thats Dennis Law"
And she replied "Who?" He said that you could hear a pin drop around them as everyone looked at her as though she was from another planet.

I had a similar experience when I took a woman to Sussex v Yorkshire for a first date (she told me she liked cricket). After watching play for about an hour or so, she said "That batsman's quite good - what's his name?"

And as I replied "Geoff Boycott", I could see people around me looking at us.

We didn't have a second date.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Other half asked what the Brighton players do for a living when they are not playing football!!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I've said it before, I'll say it again: the bloke behind me seriously opined that Nicky Forster was the WORST SIGNING THIS CLUB HAS EVER MADE earlier in the season. Thread closed.
You don't sit in C Block do you? A bloke near me was giving Forster a hard time early on in the season and he and I got into an argument on the way out of the match. I told him Forster would get 20 goals for us this season - he told me I was talking out of my arse and that we had just bought another Kitson. Fingers crossed that Nicky bags another 5 before the end of the campaign...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
My worst personal effort was wondering why we'd changed kit at half time at Orient away a few years back as 'we' came out for the second half. My mate then rightly pointed out that it was in fact Orient coming back out. :blush:

I was once watching Arsenal at Highbury though and heard some bloke yell 'Get off Henry, you're shit' when Thierry Henry missed a chance. He did get some fairly serious shit for it, in fairness - this was only about a month before Henry broke their all time goalscoring record.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You don't sit in C Block do you? A bloke near me was giving Forster a hard time early on in the season and he and I got into an argument on the way out of the match. I told him Forster would get 20 goals for us this season - he told me I was talking out of my arse and that we had just bought another Kitson. Fingers crossed that Nicky bags another 5 before the end of the campaign...
I don't, and so now I actually feel a bit sick at the thought of there being two such brain-donors at Withdean. Spackers. At least watching such a fine player hitting the target that you mentioned will be all the sweeter if/when it happens.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I don't, and so now I actually feel a bit sick at the thought of there being two such brain-donors at Withdean. Spackers. At least watching such a fine player hitting the target that you mentioned will be all the sweeter if/when it happens.
Only 2 such brain donors? Perhaps I do sit in the wrong place because there seems to be loads of 'em around

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
A few weeks back when we were taking the ball to the corner with 10 mins or so still left. My dad was sitting with me and said "arrghh this is just wasting time" to which i replied "i think thats what they are trying to achieve" :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Andrew Heryet's outburst at Michel Kuipers blunder v Hartlepool, October 2000... a game we won 3-1 I think... after a tirade of expletives in a shocked and near silent G-block, he finished with words to the effect that he would rather see Will Packham in goal, and Kuipers should never play for the Albion again.
:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here