Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whats the most stupid comment you have ever heard at a football match ?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
oNE WE STILL LAUGH ABOUT NOW......

Can't remember who it was aginst but we were losing in injury time as Adam Virgo placed the ball for a free kick.

What does he think he's doing. He's not going to shoot from there surely....... That's far too far out..........

WAHEY WHAT A GOAL!!!!:laugh:

Coventry. I remember saying something very similar :- "what the hell is Virgo doing even thinking of shooting from there, better watch out for the cars past Tongdean lane....."

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Playing Hull at Withdean a couple of seasons back, Hull on attack, Forward slices his shot and it baloons up in the air, "Leave it Kuipers" some Idiot shouts,(thinking its going over) it then dips alarmingly and requires a backpedalling save from MK to keep it out.

That was me !!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Coventry. I remember saying something very similar :- "what the hell is Virgo doing even thinking of shooting from there, better watch out for the cars past Tongdean lane....."

I shouted shoot, not quite sure, and got a slap round the back of my head from a mate, mate made up it up to me after the game with a beer, was about 40 yards out complete daisy cutter pretty awful keeping, belive it was scott shearer in goal.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
'Brighton are useless at set-pieces' - West Ham away game 1995 just before a certain set piece....

I remember also a mate of mine telling me what a mistake it was to sign players back after their careers stuttered elsewhere..... referring to a certaim Mr Ward.

And here's hoping.... a Leeds supporting colleague told me at lunch today that Leeds would win by four goals.....

PLEASE GOD LET THIS BE A STUPID COMMENT!!!!

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Fine effort sir, bastard forrest fans caused the trouble :angry::angry::angry:

Playoffs on the brain, Daddy, playoffs on the brain. Flew back from Nippon for the last one at the Millenium but fear my marriage would definitely end if I pitched another one to the missus should we make it this time around:down:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
From a mate of mine a few years ago, 'Watch that Jason Peake, he'll be bigger than Wardy'

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
My father told me a story that when he and my mum started going out, one of the first dates he took her on was to watch Oxford Utd v Man Utd in a pre season friendly (the old romantic !!). Apparently half way through the first half my mother said "That number 10 in red looks quite good". He said to her "Thats Dennis Law"
And she replied "Who?" He said that you could hear a pin drop around them as everyone looked at her as though she was from another planet.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i believe it was last season at Withdean. Some drunk scottish women had come to the match and was in F block around row n or p.

She was just shouting crap all through the match but the one i remember is ''oh my god, play it to the edge of the table, edge of the table!''

rool

Jul 10, 2003
When I had my season ticket in E block there was some guy who would always shout out 'Draw a challenge' to the last defender (usually Cullip) bringing the ball out of defence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here